Thread: Problem with iTunes on Windows Vista 32bit

angry Problem with iTunes on Windows Vista 32bit

Hello Everybody,

I'm trying to install iTunes on my system. I'm running Windows Vista 32bit on my system. I had downloaded it on my pc and the download process has been successfully done. But when i try to run the setup it gives me an error message that it does not have a "valid win 32 application." Before downloading the iTunes on my pc i had checked the version and it had showed me that it is compatible with Windows Vista. Can any body tell me that why i'm having such problem on my pc? Can any body help me out to resolve the above issue? Any information on it would be appreciated.

Thanks in advance.

Re: Problem with iTunes on Windows Vista 32bit

To make sure that you don't have any trouble syncing your iPod or playing iTunes store purchased music when upgraded to Vista from Windows 2000 or XP, Just follow the steps below:

1. First step is to deauthorize all iTunes Store accounts.
    2. Its highly recommended to do a clean install of Windows Vista rather than upgrading it from other OS.
    3. Download and Upgrade to iTunes 7.1 if you haven't yet done that.
    4. After installing iTunes, open it and from the menu bar, click Store--> Authorize Computer.

The problem was that, for some reason, the 32-bit version of VBScript.dll wasn’t registered on my machine. I don’t know if that’s by design (a security feature) or a bug in this beta build of Vista. The solution:

1. Start Menu -> All Programs --> Accessories --> Right Click on Command Prompt --> Run As Administrator.
    2. Type “cd C:\Windows\SysWOW64″
    3. Type regsvr32 vbscript.dll

If you don’t do Run as Administrator, the regsvr32 will fail. Also, be careful to run the command in SysWOW64, not System32. System32 on a 64-bit system actually contains the 64-bit system libraries. The 32-bit versions are in SysWOW64.

If you've had problems installing the new iTunes 7 on Windows Vista 32bit. Just follow the below steps mention.

1) Hit ctrl+alt+del and select "start task manager" from the system menu that appears. Click on the "name" column header to sort by name, and find ipodservice.

Note, however, that right clicking on the service and stopping it from that window won't work. (I got an access denied message.) Instead, click on the "services" button and authenticate yourself through the User Account Control alert that appears.

2) Once you're in the services pane of the Microsoft Management Console, find ipodservice, select it, then click the stop button in the toolbar (the black square).

3) iTunes should then be able to continue installing. NOTE: there is an important step at the end of this how-to which you need to complete in relation to this step.

Important last step: Go back into the Microsoft Management Console, Services view, double-click on ipodservice and change it back to automatic start.

Quote Originally Posted by kattman View Post
    The problem was that, for some reason, the 32-bit version of VBScript.dll wasn’t registered on my machine. I don’t know if that’s by design (a security feature) or a bug in this beta build of Vista. The solution:

1. Start Menu -> All Programs --> Accessories --> Right Click on Command Prompt --> Run As Administrator.
    2. Type “cd C:\Windows\SysWOW64″
    3. Type regsvr32 vbscript.dll

If you don’t do Run as Administrator, the regsvr32 will fail. Also, be careful to run the command in SysWOW64, not System32. System32 on a 64-bit system actually contains the 64-bit system libraries. The 32-bit versions are in SysWOW64.
    i have downloaded itunes 10 but they r not installing on my windows vista 32 bit. i tried to do what u wrote there to do it in COMMAND PROMT and it says its succeeded now what to do?can u please tell me? because its still giving me the same problem. the installation doesnt start in my laptop.
    thanks.
    Last edited by Ayeshee; 02-01-2011 at 07:02 PM.