Thread: What is Ghosterr.txt ?

What is Ghosterr.txt ?

Hello,

I have a big problem. Once the boot running on my laptop via an external drive, Ghosterr starts then displays a warning of type A:\GHOSTERR.TXT.

This cancels all the time resettlement, what do I do? Help

Thank you

Re: What is Ghosterr.txt ?

Try cleaning the cd, if no luck; use a friends pc and burn a new copy of the restore cd.
    The difference between stupidity and genius is that genius has its limits. - Albert Einstein

What we think, we become (Please don't think you are a superhero and don't try to fly)

"SUCCESS IS NOT A DESTINATION , IT'S A JOURNEY"

If you are running ghost from a floppy, it is possible that the floppy disk has gone bad, and the error occurs when it tries to read an existing ghosterr.txt file (prior to writing to it?). I see bad floppies a lot these days - I think they are making new floppy disks and drives so cheaply now that they develop problems easily, or sometimes people are using some old recycled disk/drive, and it is dirty or worn out.

Are you perhaps running ghost from a read-only device like a CD/DVD? Perhaps some other error is occuring, and it is trying to add the error message to the ghosterr.txt file. The error may actually be that it can't write to the file, but is displaying a read error message instead. Just a wild guess.

You should check that drive for bad sectors if you intend to continue using it. Do a surface scan or the like with either Windows or third party disk diagnostic tools. It may be time for a new disk. Also make sure your critical data is not corrupted save it to a safe location and disregard the rest of the disk contents as you never know when you will run into problems down the track if you continue using that disk cloned with the -fro swtich.