Thread: Problem sharing folders using windows live messenger

Problem sharing folders using windows live messenger

Hello friends,
    I was trying to share folders with my friend on windows live messenger. I cannot get it work. Whenever i try, i am getting "Try again later" message. Can anyone help?

All suggestions are welcome.

Re: Problem sharing folders using windows live messenger

Try to delete files related to sharing folders. The following commands delete files related to sharing folders. Executing this command may result in deleting the files your contacts shared with you or that you shared with your contacts using the sharing Folders feature. Please create a backup of these files before executing the next two commands.
    del "%USERPROFILE%\Local Settings\Application Data\Microsoft\Messenger\<Users Live ID>\Sharing Folders"
    del "%USERPROFILE%\Local Settings\Application Data\Microsoft\Messenger\<Users Live ID>\SharingMetaData"

You will be able to create a Sharing Folder by simply dragging files onto a contact name in Messenger. This will create an exact copy of the files on both you and your contact’s computers, and create a Sharing Folder that can be accessed from Messenger, and on the desktop.
    In a Sharing Folder, any time a file in the folder is added, modified, or deleted, those changes will be synchronized with the person you’re sharing with. There may be error with synchronizing the file with the other end (Your friend or contact).

You need to have the same version of Windows Messenger as the person you are sharing with. You cannot share folder with offline contact. If the status of your contact is offline, then ask the person to change it. You can share Pictures files, Microsoft Paint files, Mp3 Music files, Microsoft office documents and Compressed files.