Forgot your username/password?
Register Tags Active Topics RSS Search Mark Forums Read

Sponsored Links

MS Office doesn't respond after Sleep mode

Windows Software

Old 28-03-2009

ohmy MS Office doesn't respond after Sleep mode

Hello Everybody,

I'm unable to use any MS Office program after coming back from sleep mode. All my programs such as Excel, Word, etc. get freeze up and they do not respond. I am not using any Macros, and no other program on my system has any problem with the sleep mode. Can any body tell me why i'm having such problem on my system? Can any body help me out to resolve this problem? Would be grateful to you if any one helps me out to resolve this problem.

Thanks in advance.

Old 28-03-2009

Re: MS Office doesn't respond after Sleep mode

I think the problem relates to Vista's UAC(User Access Control) and the new default user access rights for users in Vista. Essentially I think outlook is doing something that requires elevated privileges to restart after a sleep mode.
Old 28-03-2009

If this only occurs with Office 2007 and not any other application then you probably have an add-in that isn't behaving properly when you resume from standby or hibernation. Using the trust center in Office 2007 disable any third-party add-ins and see if the problem resolves itself.
Old 28-03-2009

I had the same problem with Outlook failing to send or receive mail after a prolonged sleep period. I turned off Firewall and Outlook resumed email send/receive. So then I added Outlook to the list of Firewall's allowed programs and reenabled it. That also worked. It seems Firewall loses it's dynamic "stateful" permission for Outlook send/receive during a sleep period. Outlook to the Firewall allow list and see if that works for you too.
Old 28-03-2009

Try to purchase an upgraded Office version. Or you can try to clean your hard drive and re-install Windows on it.

TechArena Community > Software > Windows Software
Tags: , ,