Thread: Avi files don't open anymore

Avi files don't open anymore

Hey guys!

Something weird happened with my system... I'm a movie freak and i have a couple of movies which were avi files, i've downloaded a couple of movies and when I tried to play one of them my BS player couldn't read it. It showed up some windows error shows up. I tried different player but still the result was the same. The weird thing is that I tried to play other movies that I was watching previously but my players still are shwing an error. It's happening only with avi files. All other kind of video files are played with no problem. Please give me a hint what can I do 'cause I don't want to reinstall my windows just because of that. Thanks

Re: Avi files don't open anymore

Hi..!

When avi files dont work normal it requires a codec, if in that case its still not working i can advise you to install DivX player and run the avi files from that program... All the best...!

Hey!

Some Facts about codec-packs:
    By using codec-packs you will be tempted to install more than necessary. In this connection please note that more surely isn't equivalent to better. To the contrary!! The art is knowing to restrict yourself!
    In most situations, you do not need to install codec/filter packs and certainly not every codec/filter and application that comes with these packs. In fact, you may run into problems if you install too many codec/filters on your computer. It is highly recommended that you only install the codec/filters that you need, so be very selective!
    Note there is nothing against selectively using codec-packs as a source as such .... However, do make sure to always make good use of the possibility offered by them to deselect = unselect elements before installing!! However, I personally think it is still better to separately download and install the various elements you need. Then you can also separately and individually install, uninstall and/or upgrade them (instead of having to do that as part of a whole pack).

Hey!
    You may have downloaded a file downloaded [Trojan] unknowingly when visiting malicious Web sites, It drops copies of itself. It attempts to delete a certain file from the Windows Program Files folder. Moreover, it attempts to disable certain firewall applications by deleting registry entries... Have a completely updated antivirus...! All the best..!