Go Back   TechArena Community > Software > Windows Software
Become a Member!
Forgot your username/password?
Tags Active Topics RSS Search Mark Forums Read

Old 26-03-2009

LiteShell for windows

What is LiteShell?

It is a tiny ultra-fast and an excellent shell for Windows, designed for slow PCs.

The LiteShell application was designed to be a tiny, ultra-fast shell for Windows, designed for slow PCs.

It uses very little CPU/RAM. The source is included in the installer and is available as a learning aid.

LiteShell is a replacement shell for Windows. LiteShell is a minimalist's shell - no screen space is occupied by the shell. When you right-click on the desktop or press a hotkey, a menu provides access to your programs, documents, tasks and anything else you wish.

LiteShell provides support for "hotkeys" - key combinations that, when pressed, can perform actions such as running programs.
Old 26-03-2009

Re: LiteShell for windows

Download LiteShell

This is an ideal shell replacement for the very slower computers like Pentium II and Pentium III... All the best...!
Old 26-03-2009

It does what it says it does, lightens up the desktop. This baby ain't pretty, it's stripped down, which is why i like it. I needed something to salvage every bit of my Pentium I and 48 MB RAM, [an old computer] and this is a way to waste nothing, while at the same time helping to prevent viruses and spyware which can run thru the Windows Explorer IE combination. If you want to play with eyecandy and stuff, this is NOT the replacement shell you are looking for...this one is built for lightweight SPEED!
Old 26-03-2009

Hi...!
I just can't bring myself to fully switch away from explorer. It seems there's always something not compatible and it just takes so stinkin long to customize everything to my liking. Replacement shells are fun but not too practical for me.

TechArena Community > Software > Windows Software
Tags: , ,