Thread: Unable to close Miscrosoft Word in Vista

angry Unable to close Miscrosoft Word in Vista

Hello Friends,

I'm running Windows Vista as my operating system. The problem is that whenever i open any Microsoft word document i'm unable to close it. For that i have to reboot my system. Can any body tell me why i'm having such problem on my system? Can any body help me out to resolve this issue? Any help on this issue would be appreciated.

Thanks.

Unable to close Miscrosoft Word in Vista

Hey have tried to do "detect and repair" on your system? If not then go to the Help and in that you will find "detect and repair".

Try out this one.

Code:
    Public Function test() As Long
    Dim MyRange As Range
    Dim objWord As Word.Application
    Set objWord = CreateObject("Word.Application")
    objWord.Visible = False
    objWord.DisplayAlerts = 0
    Dim oDoc As Word.Document
    Set oDoc = objWord.Documents.Open(getDbPath() & "Templates est.dot", ReadOnly:=True, ConfirmConversions:=False, AddToRecentFiles:=False)
    If ActiveDocument.Bookmarks.Exists("TEST") Then
    ActiveDocument.Bookmarks("TEST").Range.Text = "ABCDEFG"
    ActiveDocument.Bookmarks.Add Name:="TEST", Range:=Selection.Range
    End If
    savEnv = objWord.Options.PrintBackground
    objWord.Options.PrintBackground = False
    oDoc.PrintOut
    objWord.Options.PrintBackground = savEnv
    objWord.Quit SaveChanges:=False
    Set objWord = Nothing
    test = 1
    End Function

You might have encountered another set of problem, the virus angle. Viruses created implemented inside Word files usually has the purpose to attack "Normal.dot" which is the template 4 all new created files. If you encountered the problem after you received a file which you haven't done AntiVirus checked, then this might cause you the problem.

No matter how many times you reinstall you keep the problem as a result of that infected file (bare in mind that no matter how good an Anti-Virus protection might be you can't be sure that it finds all "new" created virus).

Reports contain information that is most useful for diagnosing and solving the problem that has occurred, such as:

• Where the problem happened in the software or hardware. Occasionally, empty files might be included as an initial indication of a problem.
    • Type or severity of the problem, if known
    • Files that help describe the problem (typically system or report-generated files about software behavior before or after the problem occurred)
    • Basic software and hardware information (such as operating system version and language, device models and manufacturers, or memory and hard disk size)

Your Internet Protocol (IP) address is also collected because you are connecting to an online service (web service) to send error reports. However, your IP address is used only to generate aggregate statistics. It is not used to identify you or contact you.

Reports might unintentionally contain personal information, but this information is not used to identify you or contact you. For example, a report that contains a snapshot of memory might include your name, part of a document you were working on, or data that you recently submitted to a website. If you are concerned that a report might contain personal or confidential information, you should not send the report.