Thread: Microsoft Security Essentials uses high CPU

Microsoft Security Essentials uses high CPU

This task has been working at 90% to 97% CPU usage in view of the fact that I brought up my system 10 minutes ago. In addition Microsoft Antimalware gets turned off. This is working on Windows 7 RC. Might it have been working a scan to reason the high CPU. I am not certain about the same; I had just booted the system and was working with ThumbsPlus application which takes little or no CPU.

Re: Microsoft Security Essentials uses high CPU

The majority general explanation for high CPU is a contradictory sanctuary program left in place previous to installing MSE. MSMPENG in addition consumes a lot of CPU when scanning. If you carry on to encounter a difficulty with high CPU usage, please file a bug report. Bug reports are submitted via the Microsoft Connect web site for Microsoft Security Essentials.

The comparable difficulty here working with Vista Home Premium. The usage is predominantly high when opening an additional submission, or even when opening a folder containing additional applications. By the way, uninstalled the entire additional sanctuary products and have comprehensively cleaned the computer of any traces of additional sanctuary software. CPU utilize is still high -- regularly in 50 percent range -- though somewhat improved after cleanup.

I am working with Windows 7 and Microsoft sanctuary essentials and in addition had troubles with high CPU usage by MSMPENG.exe whenever I started an innovative program. For you, it would spike to regarding 50-60% usage levels. You was capable to fix the trouble by adding DWM.exe to MSSE's list of disqualified processes (Settings > Excluded Processes > C:\windows\system32\dwm.exe > Save Changes). DWM is desktop windows manager, which you noticed was getting invoked each time you started a innovative program. Voila difficulty solved, for you at least. Hope it runs for you.

No additional AV software installed on your system previous to MSE. It keeps working with the active image in the computer tray and consuming the majority of CPU, in spite of additional activities on the system. Closing the entire programs does not help. It's XP SP3. MSE worked completely for months previous to this started. The weirdest part is that you have to presently run a comprehensive disk scan previous to the trouble emerged.

You in addition have MSE installed, but the whole thing runs excellent. I would like to recommend you start into Clean Boot and physically start MSE to test the problem. In this method, you be able to determine if the cause is MSE. If MSE is the root reason, I in addition would like to recommend you reinstall it to check the problem if it still cannot run, you might in addition put out of action Monitor file and program activity on your system under MSE Settings/Real-time fortification.