Thread: cannot send document in gmail attachments

cannot send document in gmail attachments

Hello,

I can not send a document of 18 kb as attachments in gmail. How many kb gmail accepts? Thank you for any reply.
    Athlon 64 3500 @ 2.42 Ghz WITH Asus A8V Deluxe
    Geforce 6800 Ultra & Audigy2
    1GB Corsair PC3700XMS TwinX
    2x74GB Raptors in raid 0
    Sony Dual Layer DVD RW
    Ultra X-Connect 500W PSU
    MX1000 laser mouse, Transparent case & Lots of pretty lights

Re: cannot send document in gmail attachments

Till date the maximum size of an attachment for Gmail is 20MB (or 20,000 KB). In other words, the attachment of 18 "kb" is widely used! But if your attachment is 18 'Mb' and not 'KB', it is possible by attaching the piece to the e-mail that exceeds the allowed 20 MB (because the attachment is encoded at the 'attachment, and it may increase its size). It is also possible that you can not attach your attachment if it is used in any process. For example, if a picture and it is opened in software that processes the photo ... or if you send this attachment with another program in parallel ... Finally, all executable file types (like a. Exe) are not allowed (for security reasons I think) as attachments. However, you can cheat by renaming the file extension (the *. exe) into "*. jpg" for example .
    DFI LANPARTY SLI-DR
    AMD 64 x2 4800+
    OCZ (2 x 512) DDR600

dont worry it will start working....this is not your or the system or attachment but this is a problem from the gmail and yahoo site...because i had the same problem and i did everything to solve it but didnt work and after a day or so it started working even i checked it on different ID's.......try to check it on any other id but im sure this will start workin in a day or so....

This only happened to me when the Internet traffic flow was not good. Check your Internet connections and restart your Internet.

There are many potential causes to file transmission-related problems.

1) Your file may be too large (try zipping it).
    2) The filename may be too long or include accented characters (try changing the name to something simple).
    3) Your firewall may not allow uploading files via HTTP protocol (this is unlikely, but do try to disable your firewall for a moment).
    4) Your provider may not allow uploading files via HTTP (this is highly unlikely, but possible).
    5) Your network card/router/hub may be broken (this is the last resort; but please do bear in mind that a network card may be broken in such a way that it perfectly allows any transmission apart from files.