Thread: Can't use Digital Signature in Adobe Acrobat

ohmy Can't use Digital Signature in Adobe Acrobat

Hello Everybody,

There are many software programs installed on my system and one of the most often used software program is Adobe Acrobat. I used Adobe Acrobat for my digital signature. It has stop working and i can not use my digital signature any more. Can any body tell me why it has stopped working? Does any body knows how do i get back my digital signature back to work? Any information on this issue would be appreciated.

Thanks in advance.

Re: Can't use Digital Signature in Adobe Acrobat

Follow the below steps:-

1) Do all the stuff in that blurb, which will result in you having a .PNG file with a graphic of your signature. Keep that in a handy place on your computer hard drive.
    2) Then when you're ready to sign the document open it in Acrobat and find the 'signing' icon (look for a graphic that looks like a tilted blue ballpoint pen (or look for the menu ADVANCED--> SIGN AND CERTIFY).
    3) You will then be presented with a dialogue box. Do not click sign, or else your recipient will see weird stuff that will make them not accept your document. Instead, note where it says 'Appearance' in the dialogue box and select the drop down menu and look for 'Create New Appearance'. At this point you will be shown a new dialogue box.

So, you'll want to do two things here. First, you'll import the .PNG graphic that I told you about in step 1. This will introduce that indecipherable scrawl which is really the key to getting your signature accepted by people you send your documents to.

But, second, and most important, you'll want to uncheck ALL of those boxes under the 'Configure Text' section.After you do this, fill in the 'Title' field to name your new 'signature profile' (I suggest you choose something like 'Basic signature' but it's up to you). Then next time you go to sign a document you can just use the 'signature' tool and imprint a real live 'digital signature.'

PDFSign is a stand-alone, fully automatic software application that can append digital signature to PDF documents. To sign PDF documents simply select the PDF file or folder with PDF files, select Digital ID file and push the "Start" button. That's all the PDF document will signed automatically.

Try to find iText (a JAVA-PDF library) implementation with algorithm and converts it to 'sha1' in order to verify the signature using java.security.Signature and BouncyCastle as a cryptographic provider. The PKCS7 PDF signature, as-is, can not be verified using other cryptographic libraries, such as BouncyCastle or IAIK, due to the fact that it is specified 'sha1withRSAEncryption' as digest algorithm (which is considered a signature algorithm by these libraries), instead of a digest algorith like sha1 or md5.

Simply right-click the signature and choose the “Validate” option.

Validating the digital signature enables the recipient to authenticate the identity of the signer and view the reason, date and time of the signature. Validation guarantees the signed document was not tampered with and/or modified, ensuring the signer was a valid employee, for example, at the time of signing the document. CoSign allows receiving parties to validate signatures without requiring software installation. For example, digital signatures always require proprietary software to validate signatures.