Thread: Need XP Software to work with Vista

idea Need XP Software to work with Vista

Hey Everybody,

I'm running Windows Xp on my system. I would also like to run Windows Vista on my system along with the Windows Xp. So, can any body tell me that which is the software for XP needed in order to be compatible with Windows Vista? Is it possible for me to do so? Does any body have any idea about it, that how can i do so? Any information on it would be appreciated.

Thanks in advance.

Re: Need XP Software to work with Vista

There are 3 methods Vista uses to run older Windows programs:

Program Compatibility Assistant - Runs automatically when it detects an older program having compatibility problems.

Program Compatibility Wizard - A tool you can run manually on a program if you notice compatibility issues.

Program Compatibility Tab - More advanced users can also change settings for an individual program manually by using that program's Compatibility tab. Not recommended for most people. Use the Wizard instead.

Warning: Do not use the Program Compatibility Wizard on older system programs, antivirus programs, or disk utilities. This may cause data loss or create a security risk.

Try to set compatibility option for your program on Vista (right click on program in explorer, Compatibility tab)

1) Run this program in compatibility mode for: Windows XP SP2

2) Run this program as administrator.

Hope so it may help you out.

To configure the compatibility mode for an application, just locate the installation directory and right click on the .exe, selecting Properties from the menu. Select the Compatibility tab.You can choose to run the program in Windows XP compatibility mode, or even all the way back to Windows 95 compatibility.

Probably the most useful setting to start off with would be to disable the visual themes and desktop composition, if you can't get things working. If you are trying to run a video game, you will often need to choose "Run this program as an administrator". You'll have to play around with it, but most likely you can get your application working.