Thread: Acronis vs Vista

Acronis vs Vista

Possibly ... I'm gonna change my PC and migrate to Vista, and I have some questions:

A-Is it that we can with all versions of Vista, reduce, enlarge or create a new partition without affecting the data already present?

B-If the answer is yes to the question above, no longer need the program as "Acronis Disk Director"?

Only C-(?) With the Ultimate or Ultimate, you can create images. "Iso", so no need to program "Acronis True Image?

So, if yes to questions "B" & "C", it could be interesting to consider the Ultimate version. I am guided by the following calculation: If I buy 2 programs Acronis True Image & Acronis Disk Director, the cost will be, say $ 150. If I buy the Ultimate version, the difference over Premium will say $ 200, so a difference of only $ 50.?
    (without relying on other "more" of the ultimate version)

Re: Acronis vs Vista

A-All versions of Vista have the tool to create or resize partitions

To fully control the size of the partitions, do not forget to turn off "System Restore" before starting

Indeed the C-Ultimate version allows the backup of a drive but I've never tried

But we should not think that the Ultimate can handle image files "ISO" in general, a third-party software for that

In addition, you are certain that this tool creates an ISO file?

Speedo tutorial for the first partition, I "was not aware for the need to suspend" restore. "It's good to know, and it is the first time I see it mentioned. We learn all day.

must not believe that the Ultimate can handle image files "ISO" in general,
    Yes, fully agree with you.

are you sure that this tool creates an ISO file?
    No, I do not certainly say that I think MS uses an algorithm of its own, as confirmed Zardoc, including the extension ". VHD. But I am still searching because this is not very clear, unless our dedicated MVP ... crash his system, and we confirm that Ultimate is yes or no what you think

Okay, I just searched , and I found info on the VHD (Virtual Hard Disk), which is actually an image format specific to Microsoft, which uses this format to allow some software to try free for a period of time.
    see here for Microsoft Technet

But I still have no confirmation about the effectiveness of these images after a "Restore".