Thread: Internet explorer 8 crashing without any error on launch

Internet explorer 8 crashing without any error on launch

Hey guys i hav a problem with my internet explorer 8 the latest one which released just yesterday downloaded from filehippo it installs perfectly without any errors but wen i try to launch the internet explorer screen comes in a flash and quits everytime i run it and it doesnt show any errors but however wen i installed internet explorer 7 it launches perfectly can anyone tell me why i cant run internet explorer 8 i am running on windows xp 32-bit SP3 fully updated softwares and drivers but still i am having trouble running the latest internet explorer 8 i even reinstalled 10 times but no effect and i hav Norton Internet Security 2009 and i dont hav any virus,spyware or adware coz i scanned full computer and didnt detect anything plz help me guys i need internet explorer 8 for windows update and some internet explorer sites

Re: Internet explorer 8 crashing without any error on launch

Does your configuration meets up with the required system config? Have a look here.

Automatic crash recovery

Tab isolation

If a website or add-on causes a tab to crash in Internet Explorer 8, only that tab is affected. The browser itself remains stable and other tabs remain unaffected, thereby minimizing any disruption to your browsing experience.

Crash recovery

If one or more of your tabs unexpectedly closes or crashes, your tabs are automatically reloaded and you are returned to the site you were on before the crash.

Quote Originally Posted by einstein_007 View Post
    Does your configuration meets up with the required system config? Have a look here.
    Wat do u mean system requirements?

What is going on with IE8! Been waiting for it for more then a year and this is what we get... a browser that crashes and never touches the internet. Good thing that it is easy to delete it and get IE7 back, guess Microsoft needs to fix that thing and not let anyone else download it

Quote Originally Posted by RedZot View Post
    What is going on with IE8! Been waiting for it for more then a year and this is what we get... a browser that crashes and never touches the internet. Good thing that it is easy to delete it and get IE7 back, guess Microsoft needs to fix that thing and not let anyone else download it
    u can say that again buddy