Become a Member!
Forgot your username/password?
Tags Active Topics RSS Search Mark Forums Read

Sponsored Links

"The parameter is incorrect" FontLab Studio 5

Windows Software

Old 20-03-2009

"The parameter is incorrect" FontLab Studio 5

I have Windows 2000 and try in FontLab Studio 5 and ttf otf files. Then the error message "Wrong parameters" in English (without any number), so I suspect that the message comes from the operating system and not from FontLab. Affected are all the files of these types, just as they are called, how big they are and where they are stored.

Observations:
1. Previously, everything worked perfectly. The error appeared suddenly.
2. The reinstallation of FontLab changed nothing.
3. FontLab opens its own files vfb format.
4. The same-ond otf ttf files can I view and install fonts as a. So they are in order.
5. The same otf and ttf files can I copy and then display and / or fonts installed. So they are in order.
6. ttf otf and files on other disks lead when opened in FontLab to the same error message. So it is not on the disk.
7. My computer is generally pretty well against viruses, trojans, worms, etc. protected. My protection programs do not find anything.

Has someone an idea about this?

Old 20-03-2009

Re: "The parameter is incorrect" FontLab Studio 5

Hi,

Many things makes " the parameter is incorrect"

1)check DNS name resolution

2)do you have WINS?

3)if this server is a member server, the easier way to correct this error is disconnect from domain and connect it again.
Old 20-03-2009

Re: "The parameter is incorrect" FontLab Studio 5

Hi,

I have the same error ?parameter is incorrect? when trying to copy files from a 4GB USB stick. Some folders were accessible yet some were not, unless I was on the machine the files originated from. while trying to fix the problem I needed to install winzip as the program I was installing needed to self extract, so I installed an old copy of 7.1. When I then checked the USB stick I found that this somehow cured the problem and now all the folders and files are accessible. So in conclusion, install winzip on the PC that has the ?parameter incorrect? message and hey-presto.

TechArena Community > Software > Windows Software
Tags: