Thread: Problem with Office 2007

sad Problem with Office 2007

Hey Everyone,

I'm running Windows Xp as my operating system. Recently i have installed Office 2007 on my pc, but i'm not satisfied with the way Office 2007 works. So i went to my Control Panel and tried to delete it . When i try to click on Add and Remove programs and tried to delete it, it showed me an error message that there is a missing file and i need to reinstall the program to re-delete it. I don't have the Office 2007 set up disc with me, so i tried to delete the files by going in to the Programs files, but after deleting it from my programs files its still showing me in the Programs Files. Can any body help me out to resolve this issue? Does any one knows how do i remove it from my pc? Any help on this issue would be appreciated.

Thanks.

Re: Problem with Office 2007

The only way to fix this, is to go into your registry and find where it calls for the Excel.msp file and remove that key.

As always make sure to back up the key first.

If you are unable to remove Office through the Add/Remove Programs Control Panel, try launching the Office Installer:

• Put the Office 2007 installation disc into the CD drive and double-click Setup.exe.
    • Alternatively, if you have downloaded Office from IUware Online, locate the \IUware Online\Office Enterprise Edition 2007 folder on your hard drive and double-click Setup.exe.

Once Office Installer launches, follow the instructions to remove Office from your computer.

You should follow these steps:

1. To open Add or Remove Programs, click Start, click Control Panel, and then double-click Add or Remove Programs.
    2. Click Change or Remove Programs.
    3. Scroll down until you find Microsoft Office 2007. Please note that there may be nothing in the Change or Remove Programs dialog box that indicates that the program is a trial.
    4. Click Microsoft Office 2007 and then click Remove, the program will then run through the uninstall process.

matthewforu Guest

The only you can do here is only , you need to make some sort of changes in the registlry .
    registry is one of the main important thing in the windows but try this carefully .after taking backup .

matthewforu Guest

from your words i assume that you have tried to unistall unistall it from the Add and remove.
    go ahead and download , install revouninstaller . it will remove the ms office completely from your computer . including the registry .