Thread: serious crash after using Qparted

serious crash after using Qparted

On a laptop acer 9423WSMI nine, with a HD of 160 GB with a score of fat 7GB own acer - hidden and 2 NTFS partitions, one of 70 GB for the system, the other 70 GB for backups acer tools, I wanted to resize the active partition containing 70 GB system windows vista. I used Qparted with knoppix 5.0.1 live DVD. Solely on the existing drive I resized the partition of 70 GB 30 GB and I created with the remaining a 40 GB extended partition containing a logical partition of 40 GB to store data.
    - Summary of scores: 7GB - ntfs 30 GB (system) - 40 GB fat32 - ntfs 70 GB

After reboot it impossible to restart the system vista and even impossible to restart the knoppix DVD. Here is the message after reading knoppix:

for hdd (optiarc DVD RW AD-75301)
    accessing knoppix DVD at / dev / hdd ... insmod: can not read / cdroom / knoppix / modules / cloop.ko: I / O error

Apparently he can not play the DVD player. Why? Why can it no longer play the system containing HD (only vista message: problem start due to a equipment - use the diagnostic tool and black screen) When I left I had Qparted found no error message. The creation of my partitions seem correct. What is the error. How is correct

1: I tried to use a live CD with Gparted and the application works (unlike Knoppix DVD) but I have nothing abnormal detected partitions ds

2: the choice of device, as I noted Qparted-knoppix hdd that I had nothing sad and the partitions on my BB which seems identical in Gparted

Thank you for your help

Re: serious crash after using Qparted

Personally I find it hard to see where the problem may come ...

If I understand correctly, you managed to start first on your DVD Knoppix but not after manipulation of partitions on the hard right?

Just like that:
    Did you think to check the downloaded disk image before you burn it?
    Have you tried to start putting knoppix testcd?

DVD Knoppix is not in question. I just try it on another similar acer laptop, everything is OK. I just try again on my laptop the cmde testcd and I get the comment:

Read only DVD system successfully merged with read-write / ramdisk followed by a list of cmdes executed on boot OK
    followed by a list of cmdes knoppix and blocking: DVD stuck

The DVD is not in question. You understand: I used a 1st time (it worked very well) to use and modify Qparted-create my partitions and then, after leaving boot properly knoppix and I saw the crash as I described: impossible to boot vista from the HD and impossible to revive in Knoppix DVD.

I think that within the definition of partitions, it had to produce a pb, but where, and how can I fix it? The only thing I can do now is to utilser Gparted, but as I said, it shows correctly the existing partitions: 7GB fat - ntfs 30 GB (system) - 40 GB-fat 32 - 70 GB ntfs, no mention of any discrepancies and I do not know what to do.

The question I ask myself is: what can the system start at the partition without doubt, caused an error as well on reading that the SD DVD playback knoppix, but not on the reading CD Garted.
    Alain

Dr. V Guest

In point you're, as you tried to put the scores in the state they were before your intervention?

I doubt that effective tonight, but good (the worst would be that the resizing I removed an area that contained a vital key to the launch of Vista

Regarding the tescd, if it ends in a deadlock, there is a doubt, the fact it runs on another Portable similar (but not identical) means nothing. Relance testing on the laptop running to see if it succeeds, and even then it is not a proof (it can have is incompatibility between your engraved cake and optical drive)

I just tried to put the ds partitions with Gparted earlier state, but it indicates a software error when resizing the system partition from 30 to 70 GB as before. The operation was completed, but still this has not changed. Still unable to start vista in HD or Knoppix DVD.

I'm sure the state of knoppix DVD (it works the same on a laptop). The problem is probably a mistake ds defining the system partition that occurred after my first resizing. But how to fix it. Is an operation on the MBR (FDISK / MBR) could correct this problem?