Thread: Driver problem, just start your computer in Safe Mode

Driver problem, just start your computer in Safe Mode

my computer with Windows XP

I can only start in Safe mode, in normal mode and debug mode and it no longer displays an error message:

The problem has caused the following file: nv4_disp

the device is not working properly or the video driver programming the hardware incorrectly.

nv4_disp

I am a beginner, can you please tell me what I do, I'm quite desperate.

and thank you in advance

Dr. V Guest

Re: Driver problem, just start your computer in Safe Mode

If you tell us a little more about the PC betray. For example, the hardware and the power supply. I assume Windows XP. Which service pack?

hi, it's a Pentium 4

1.6 gh with Windows XP plus Service Pack 3, with a DVD burner and a regular DVD drive. 10 gigabytes hard disk, etc. ..

PSU I do not know what kind of driver file and how can I delete them?

So, this file is part of your Nvidia drivers. I suspect the video card and maybe you have an Nvidia chipset.

But to say I would have to be able to know your mainboard.

Download times SiSoft Sandra light here http://www.softpedia.com/get/System/....shtmldownload and install it. There, you can then collect all the information you need. Poste, the motherboard, then we see further

1. Boot your computer into Safe Mode w/ Networking. For Windows XP users, this is accomplished by pressing F8 repeatedly when your computer is booting up. You will be presented with several options. Choose “Safe Mode w/ Networking.” This will boot Windows XP into Safe Mode, but you will be able to browse the Web.

2. Go to NVIDIA’s Web site and download the latest display drivers for Windows XP. I saved the 20MB file to my desktop for easy locating later on.

3. Remove the NVIDIA display drivers currently installed on your machine. To do this, right click on “My Computer,” then select Properties. Click the “Hardware” tab, then click “Device Manager.” You now see a list of hardware devices installed on your computer. Double click “Display Adapters.” You should now see your NVIDIA card listed. Click it once to highlight it, then click the “Uninstall” icon in the upper right of Device Manager menu. Say “peace!” as the NVIDIA drivers are removed from your machine.

4. Install the updated NVIDIA display drivers. Double-click the NVIDIA setup file you saved to the desktop earlier. The installation will run its course.

5. Reboot your computer.

After following these steps, Windows XP should start up as usual (prior to our little nv4_disp bug). Your “nv4_disp” problem is officially solved