Thread: How to access protected spreadsheet ?

How to access protected spreadsheet ?

Well, one of our colleges had created spreadsheet in Microsoft Excel and made it protected. However, he doesn't work with us anymore. I want to get inside a spreadsheet to see how it works so I can change it from a multi-dealership to a single dealership, since the sheets are protected and I can't get hold of the creator.
    Does anyone know how to access these protected excel spreadsheet ?

Re: How to access protected spreadsheet ?

If your Excel sheet is password protected, then you need to use Advanced Office Password Recovery software.

Advanced Office Password Recovery (or AOPR) is a program designed to recover the forgotten or lost passwords to the files/documents created in Microsoft Office applications.

There are three editions of AOPR:
    >Home
    >Standard
    >Professional

Home edition can recover passwords to Microsoft Word and Excel documents only (all but VBA Project passwords).

Standard edition is also able to recover/remove Word and Excel VBA Project passwords, can unlock protected Excel add-ins (XLA), recover "password to open" to Access MDB files, and supports all Outlook passwords.

Professional edition is the most complete solution that recover all passwords for all Microsoft Office components and a few other Microsoft products, including Access user-level passwords and ownership information, Microsoft Project, PowerPoint, OneNote, Money and much more.

Excel Password Remover 2009-
    If you unable to access Excel workbook or sheet that is protected via password, you can download this FREE Excel add-in that removes/cracks sheet and workbook password protection in Excel.
    This program can't remove file protection, i.e. if you are unable to open the file, this program won't help you. You could try Excel Key to remove file protection.
    This Excel add-in (password.xla) works fine in Excel 5.0 and above (including Excel 2000, XP and 2003).
    This program will remove passwords of any length, also passwords containing special characters.

DOWNLOAD

I would also recommend you to try and use Advanced Office Password Recovery
    • unlocks documents created with all versions of Microsoft Office from the ancient 2.0 to the modern 2007.
    • recover passwords for Microsoft Word, Excel, Access, Outlook, Project, Money, PowerPoint, Visio, Publisher, OneNote, Backup, Schedule+, and Mail. Reset MS Internet Explorer Content Advisor passwords and open any password-protected VBA project by exploiting a backdoor.

Features and Benefits
    • Supports all versions of Microsoft Office applications from 2.0 to 2007
    • Instant password recovery for multiple products
    • Instantly unlocks documents with previously recovered passwords
    • Exploits all known backdoors and tricks in the Office family for instant recovery
    • Completely automatic preliminary attack may recover documents in less than 10 minutes
    • Dictionary and brute-force attacks with user-defined masks and advanced templates
    • Highly optimized low-level code for optimum performance

Maggiechen Guest

If your Excel sheet is password protected, then you need to use an advanced Excel Password Recovery software. MS Excel Password Recovery 5.0 is an easy and effective utility, designed to recover Microsoft Excel passwords, enabling you to easily view the workbooks and sheets for the information.
    It’s Features & Benefits contains:
    1. All versions of MS Excel are supported
    2. Recovers all types of passwords
    3. Easily to get started, no professional knowledge is needed
    4. Offers three attack types for you to choose: brute-force attack, brute-force with mask attack and dictionary attack
    5. Support for simultaneous processing of several password recovery projects. Several attacks (using different attack profiles) can be conducted on one file simultaneously.
    6. Program automatically saves password search state and can resume after a stop or a crash
    7. Includes a Wizard for easy setup of password recovery attacks
    8. Free updates during 1 year .
    I would recommend you to try it.
    Good luck!
    want to see other password recovery software,visit it

Happy Re: How to access protected spreadsheet ?

Quote Originally Posted by Antrix View Post
    Well, one of our colleges had created spreadsheet in Microsoft Excel and made it protected. However, he doesn't work with us anymore. I want to get inside a spreadsheet to see how it works so I can change it from a multi-dealership to a single dealership, since the sheets are protected and I can't get hold of the creator.
    Does anyone know how to access these protected excel spreadsheet ?
    It's too easy, man! Use my code and unlock its protected sheets! have fun :
    download here :
    First, just press Alt+F11 to use visual basic and make a new module:
    After that, you must copy the code from the file HDV_Crack1.txt then paste into the module.
    ...and press F5 (Run) wait a moment (about 5 minute) and have fun with the unlocked file.
    Last edited by Saket; 17-05-2010 at 10:06 AM. Reason: External link not allowed

Michael, I know they removed your link, but I googled the file and found it - you're a freaking genius! Thanks for the code!

Dear KellieAnn,

They removed my link because they're afraid of virus, but my file is just a text file with extension *.txt.

You know, it doesn't hurt your file at all. It contains my code to unlock your locksheet.