Thread: MS Office Professional 2007 invalid VLK?

MS Office Professional 2007 invalid VLK?

If a company buys a bundle of MS Office Professional 2007 retail packages i.e. box, discs, booklets etc. etc. and don't even open some of the packages is it possible to sell to someone else?

I have such a package bought on eBay Australia and getting the message "Invalid VLK" on my screen, the package look legit (Holograms, COA etc.) everything checks out but MS maintain it is not legal and have no front desk in my part of Australia where I can get a face to face assesmenteven the person I spoke to at MS seemed unsure, even hesitant about declaring the software stolen or pirated.

They only say the VLK (VolumeLicense Key) is registered to a large company with 100's of computers, surely MS are then saying that the VLK has been paid for.

Looking at the product on the shelves at a major national office supplies shop in Australia the only difference in the package is the one in the shop says on the COA sticker that it is MADE IN SINGAPORE.

The one I have says MADE IN USA.

I suspect this is about MS dividing the world into regions and enforcing it by producing this as a fault with software from another region, much like Sony have done with DVDs.

Re: MS Office Professional 2007 invalid VLK?

I guess u should visit the official Microsoft product site as they can provide a better solution regarding this problem

As a rule, VL editions should not be sold to individual consumers. Businesses, schools and governments normally use VL editions for flexibility in installing many computers. Also, Volume Licenses for Windows XP is Upgrade licenses ONLY and cannot be used as the original or base license for a new computer. Technically Challenged if this is a corporate system please ask your systems administrator to logon to the eOpen site (https://eopen.microsoft.com/EN/default.asp) and confirm what your company’s assigned VLK. If this computer is not a corporate system please uninstall Microsoft Office Professional Plus 2007. Next please restart your computer and try to Validate once again.

You have a couple options available. First you should have been given the option to "Get Genuine" when you failed OGA validation. Here you may purchase an OGA Kit from Microsoft and become genuine. Next you can take the software back where you made the original purchase and either request a genuine copy of Office or return your monies. Next I would recommend for you to file a piracy report by following the directions @ http://www.microsoft.com/piracy. Please locate "Reporting Piracy" in the upper left corner.

Yes Ofcourse it is possible..!

U can relaunch on ebay weather anyone is intrested in buying it!

Ask ur Computer Wender Weather it will Help to resell it !

How to Reset or Change Microsoft Office 2007 Product License Key or Volume License Key (VLK)

Note: The following steps involve modification of registry key values, which may corrupt your Windows if done incorrectly. Backup registry first before performing the workaround.

1. Close all Microsoft Office programs.
    2. Click on Start button, then click on Run.
    3. Type “regedit” (without quotes) in the Run text box, and click OK or press Enter.
    4. Locate and then click the following subkey:

HKEY_LOCAL_MACHINE \Software\Microsoft\Office\12.0\Registration

Inside, you will find another subkey that resembles the following subkey:

HKEY_LOCAL_MACHINE\SOFTWARE\Microsoft\Office\12.0\Registration\{30120000-0011-0000-0000-0000000FF1CE}
    5. Optional: Backup this registry branch by exporting the Registration subkey to a file, just in case the new product key does not work and you have to restore back the old product key. To export the registry, right click on the Registration subkey and click on Export, and follow the on-screen prompt to enter a file name for the registry file and choose a location to store it.
    6. Under the Registration subkey, there may be several Globally Unique Identifiers (GUID) subkey that contain a combination of alphanumeric characters. Each GUID is specific to a program that is installed on your computer.

If you find additional subkeys that reference Microsoft 12.0 registration, then click and open each GUID subkey to view and identify the Office product version by the ProductName registry entry in the right pane. For example:

ProductName=Microsoft Office Professional Plus 2007
    7. After you find the GUID subkey that contains your Office product or program which you want to remove the existing product license key or registration details, delete the following registry entries by right clicking on the registry entry in the GUID subkey, click Delete, and then click Yes:

• DigitalProductID
    • ProductID
    8. Exit Registry Editor.
    9. Run or open an Office application program, such as Microsoft Word or Excel or Outlook. Office 2007 will prompt you to enter a new 25-character product key.
    10. Type in the valid and genuine product key, and then click OK.
    11. Then when prompted to choose your preferred type of Microsoft Office 2007 installation, press on “Install Now”.
    12. Microsoft Office 2007 will be updated with new product CD key or volume license key, and ready for activation (if it’s a non-VLK serial) or use.

Note: If you’re having problem with your new Office 2007 product key, simply double click on the backup registry .reg file created at the optional step above to restore the registry settings of the Registration subkey so that the original value can be imported back to the registry.

You may need to reset to change Office 2007 product key with the above steps if you don’t want to uninstall or reinstall Microsoft Office 2007 again in many scenarios, such as you have just bought a retail version of Office 2007, or receive Office 2007 as a gift, or win MS Office 2007 as a prize, or just get your MSN product key for Office 2007, or having problem with activation process online or via phone, or unable to step-up or convert evaluation copy of Office 2007 to full-use version, or having problem with Office Genuine Advantage (OG) validation.

Thanks for the reply Macarenas

There is nothing about any regional restrictions on the MS site, when I asked about the MADE IN USA as opposed to MADE IN SINGAPORE there was no response so I was asking here to see if there was any others who had experienced similar responses or had other opinions.
    Last edited by BeBo; 16-03-2009 at 08:41 AM.

If this comes as a total surprise to you, please visit the retailer where you purchased the computer or operating system and let them know the operating system is a counterfeit copy. Please print a copy of the diagnostic report so you may show them proof for the VLK status. Request they immediately reimburse you and/or provide a Genuine Copy.

Windows Genuine Advantage (WGA) is there to help and protect you.
    Microsoft legal will follow up on all leads provided. Submitting piracy reports will assist in stopping unscrupulous business practices. You may be eligible for free software if you have high quality counterfeit discs.

Please be sure to backup or otherwise offload any data from the hard disk because a clean installation/reimaging will destroy all personal user data on the hard drive.

Quote Originally Posted by Macarenas View Post
    Yes Ofcourse it is possible..!

U can relaunch on ebay weather anyone is intrested in buying it!

Ask ur Computer Wender Weather it will Help to resell it !
    Problem with doing this is the software has been opened by myself of course for me to get this far, so I doubt anyone would be willing to purchase it, also to do that would make me no better than the guy who sold it to me.

I have made a Piracy report to MS and waiting for a reply.

Quote Originally Posted by Sam.D View Post
    If this comes as a total surprise to you, please visit the retailer where you purchased the computer or operating system and let them know the operating system is a counterfeit copy. Please print a copy of the diagnostic report so you may show them proof for the VLK status. Request they immediately reimburse you and/or provide a Genuine Copy.
    I purchased off eBay Australia and yes it was a total surprise I have requested new legal software from seller or money back he didn't do either so I have reported him to MS and filed a dispute with PayPal which has been escalated and they will now adjudicate the issue with the seller if that's not resoved my way I will then proceed to a charge Back from my Credit Card providor.

I have a lot of info on the seller so unless he has stolen someones ID MS should be able to track him down...if they do track people down

Quote Originally Posted by Raine View Post
    Windows Genuine Advantage (WGA) is there to help and protect you.
    Microsoft legal will follow up on all leads provided. Submitting piracy reports will assist in stopping unscrupulous business practices. You may be eligible for free software if you have high quality counterfeit discs.

Please be sure to backup or otherwise offload any data from the hard disk because a clean installation/reimaging will destroy all personal user data on the hard drive.
    MS have indicated that there may be eligibilty for complimentary replacement to I'm waiting for thier response.

UPDATE: OK we have moved on a bit since I was last here, MS tell me the Product Key belongs to a large multinational or education facility who have a Volume License Key, in MS eyes this at best stolen software but may be a high grade counterfeit, a local computer store had a look at the discs and compared them to the copy they have they pointed out there are very small "Bubbles" under the lable other than that they couldn't find anything different to the discs they compared them with BUT they said as soon as they saw the bubbles that the software was fake.

I have sent MS some high quality proffesional photos and they are now considering providing me with a complimentary copy of the Office Professional 2007 software after I provided MS with the sellers details by filing a Piracy report. They say they may need to have the actual software sent but for the moment think the photos are enough, can take 4 to 6 weeks to resolve.

Meanwhile I have sent PayPal all the documentation from the eBay listing which shows the software advertised as "Retail" version as available in the shop, plus some documentation from a MS Customer Support Representitiv substantiating the software is not legit, PayPal say it should make a decision on the validity of the claim in 3 to 5 days which is this sunday or Tuesday.
    Last edited by BeBo; 02-04-2009 at 08:30 PM. Reason: Added words