Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Thread: Windows Mail or Outlook Express in Windows 7

Re: Windows Mail or Outlook Express in Windows 7

Thanks for your advice.. I managed to do the same... imported .dbx into Thunderbird format. Converted thunderbird to .EML using some free utilities. And then finally imported the emails to O2010. Just that my .dbx was 9.82GB (10GB being the limit), perhaps it was crashing everytime I was importing it directly from OE to O2010 via MS Exchange.
    Appreciate your writing back.
    Thanks & regards.

What is the tool which you used for converting your inbox. If the conversions is not done properly then your mail client will obviously crash. This is due to the difference for formats used in both the software. Basically there is a direct way of doing that without using a conversion software. For that first export the mails from Thunderbird. Then import them in Outlook Express not in Microsoft Outlook. Outlook Express reads the format. Then export again back from Outlook Express and Import it the output fine in Microsoft Outlook 2010.

Thanks jhon for replying.
    I managed this last weekend. Don't recall the exact tool to convert to .EML but seems like some freebie on the net.
    Appreciate your concern regarding crash.. however it seems to be working steady since then.. been 4-5 days now. Just that it takes longer than what it used to take in OE6 that i am used to do download my emails.
    Now it seems to be in a loop - synchronising subscribed folders for xyz@gmail.com. I have about 10 different gmail IDs (for different projects) and this never seem to end as it is perpetually synchronizing. Any clues?!
    Thanks in advance.
    Cheers!

http://office.microsoft.com/en-us/ou...225181033.aspx

This one worked for me. I was having the same problem and then stumbled upon this link on a different forum. I don't think it will solve the problem for folks running 64-bit Windows (any version), though.

Jpa2011 Guest

Is any best alternative way? Any other way to use aside of outlook express in win7?

Quote Originally Posted by Jpa2011 View Post
    Is any best alternative way? Any other way to use aside of outlook express in win7?
    You can go with Thunderbird which is actually very good. Click Advanced on your Google search and you can narrow down choices to more recent dates.

Jpa2011 Guest

Ok...thanks will follow what you advise.

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12