Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: Windows Mail or Outlook Express in Windows 7

Windows Mail or Outlook Express in Windows 7

Hello
    In Windows Seven, which is Windows Mail or Outlook Express?
    Thank you

Re: Windows Mail or Outlook Express in Windows 7

Hello,
    It is no longer included in it. You should download Windows Live Mail, or like me Thunderbird.

Yes It can be used against Microsoft Outlook that is configured as Windows Mail or Outlook Express and can do a little more if desired.

It is an alternative yet. For me in any case I prefer this option rather than alternatives such as Thunderbird or others.

Moreover, it is compatible with my Mail Washer.

There's been a lot of talk over the last few days about new features that will be included in Windows 7. There will be a new taskbar, improved window behavior, and less annoying User Account Control prompts. But there are a few things that won't be included in Windows 7 that had been part of past versions of the operating system.

Microsoft has stop bundling Windows Movie Maker, Windows Mail, and Windows Photo Gallery with the operating system. Those applications will still be available as free downloads, but you won't have them out of the box. I

Thunderbird is good idea, but you have Office on Windows 7? I confirm that Outlook 2003 works very well in Windows7.

matthewforu Guest

You can go for mOzila thirder bird , its free of cost .

Hi,

Windows will not be coming with many of the programs which were included with OSs before. To make up for this, Windows Live has expanded its reach and now includes things like Live Mail, Photo Gallery, and Movie Maker.

Here’s the link to more information about Live Mail (which also has calendar support): http://download.live.com/wlmail

Hope this helps.

Cheers,
    Ron
    Windows Outreach Team

It was Outlook Express in Windows XP. Then they renamed it to Windows Mail in Vista. Obviously to promote the word "Windows" even more. Then they renamed it again to Windows Mail Live in Windows 7. This time to promote the word "live" they use for their search engine. But basically it is still a free mail client. You can download it from Microsoft site.

I have a problem with LiveMail after I delete all messages , also the deleted messages, when I look for new mail the old ones, witch I deleted ,apear again.

Is there a setting to remove the Mail from the MailServer. ?
    Or is my provider not ready for clearing the old mail. with LiveMail ?

THX in advanced.

I also noticed that the messages will stay on outlook express after deleting them from Windows live.
    Very weird but I guess they stay on the server and I have not yet found a way of deleting them from the server using Windows live.
    The only way is to use my laptop with Outlook Express and delete them from there.
    I would like to know also if there is a possible way to configure Windows Live in respect of deleting the emails from the server?
    Why did they ever do away with Outlook Express in Windows 7? I loved that email client.
    I will post again as soon as I can find a way to get round the problem in Windows Live.

Windows mail is not available as a free download. I do not like windows live mail.

I have windows mail on a vista machine and want to copy my emails to thunderbird i am putting on win 7 machine. Is this easy? Presume thunderbird is Ok no spyware etc

Well I found a way out Skippy.
    I installed Microsoft office 2007 with "Outlook"
    Outlook is so much like Outlook Express but a lot better. I have never used it before but if you install Windows 7 and try to import the account setting it's impossible.
    I did however manage to install the old emails I had backed up and the address book too so all in all Outlook is the one for me now.
    I didn't like Thunderbird and I certainly do not like Windows Live.
    But with a bit of fiddling about and exploring with Outlook it seems the one for me.
    Go ahead Skippy and install Outlook it is very good.

Well I found a way out Skippy.
    I installed Microsoft office 2007 with "Outlook"
    I am sure it is but i do not have office and its part of office isn't it

Sorry, yours is quite a prior post, but I would really appreciate how you 'managed' to import your old OE emails into Outlook. I have OE6 emails of last 15-20 years that I want to import in Outlook 2010 as now I am on Windows 7 and I am stuck badly. Any guidance shall be sincerely respected.

I assume that there are several ways to get this into outlook 2010. Microsoft covered a few that can be viewed from here. Either you can Push the mail then the address from OE to outlook 2010. (which is where i think you are getting that message) or you can go into outlook 2010 and Pull the mail and address by going to file - import - other mail programs then specify outlook express. Also for the address settings in OE you can export them to a CVS. Unfortunately you can not do that with the mail. Another way is to download thunderbird (mozilla) email and use it as an inbetween program to import OE's email and then export to Outlook 2010.

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast