Thread: Can We Disable Internet Explorer 8 In Windows 7 ?

Can We Disable Internet Explorer 8 In Windows 7 ?

Hello,
    Hello , I read Somewhere That Microsoft will incorporate a tool in its next operating system Windows 7 That will allows users to disable Internet Explorer and other key programs of the group. Is this True If yes Then Tell me How can we do this Thanks in Advance for your replies

Re: Can We Disable Internet Explorer 8 In Windows 7 ?

Hello , Yes this is true , The tool activation and deactivation will allow users to erase all visible traces of Internet Explorer on their computer, although the program will remain installed in the system. It will also allow users to easily operate more browsers Windows 7 could allow users to disable Internet Explorer 8. But this Features is present on build 7048 of Windows 7 that includes Internet Explorer as one of many Windows components that can be turned on or off via a "Windows Features" dialog box

Quote Originally Posted by Sam.D View Post
    Hello , Yes this is true , The tool activation and deactivation will allow users to erase all visible traces of Internet Explorer on their computer, although the program will remain installed in the system. It will also allow users to easily operate more browsers Windows 7 could allow users to disable Internet Explorer 8. But this Features is present on build 7048 of Windows 7 that includes Internet Explorer as one of many Windows components that can be turned on or off via a "Windows Features" dialog box
    hello , That is right, I had not checked in the 7000 version if it were possible or not but i Have 7048 version and i Can do it in this version check the screenshot Below

Hello you can do this By following these Steps

1. Enter the Control Panel and look at “All Control Panel Options”
    2. Click “Programs and Features”
    3. In the left sidebar, click “Turn Windows Features On or Off” (you will be thrown a UAC prompt if you elevated UAC)
    4. Wait for the list to load.
    5. Look for Internet Explorer 8 in the list and uncheck it.
    6. Click OK. You will see a prompt notifying you of a reboot.
    7. The machine will reboot once, configure things, and reboot again.

Upon completing the second reboot, you will notice that Internet Explorer 8’s components are actually still in Windows. The major changes will be that IE8 will be missing from “Set Program Defaults,” Windows won’t complain about IE8 being missing, and iexplore.exe will no longer exist underneath the Internet Explorer directory even though the directory and every IE8 dependency therein will still exist.