Thread: Issue while Creating a template

Issue while Creating a template

Hello friends,

I am working for a firm where we have to print document from time to time. we do have a letter head with all the necessary details required on it.

However, I am using excel 2007 spreadsheets to input the details and i need to manually adjust the cells to fit the pre-printed letterhead and some times it's goes to waste of printing which cause lots of costs without proper alignment of cells.

What i need to know is that can i create a replica of the letterhead (in spreadsheet)with all the tables and alignments alike added so that i can use it for filling in the required details but with a printing exception.
    In that i want to print the required data (filled in) but not the tables or details as i still intend to feed the letterhead for printing the document.

Re: Issue while Creating a template

Sure i will help you out with this issue try to follow the below steps:-

1. Create a workbook file with all the basic settings you use: sheets, default text , formulas, macros and anything else you want in new workbooks based on the template. You probably don't want to enter a lot of data into the template, but you might.

2. Open the File menu and select Save As.

3. In the Save as type box, click Template (*.xlt).

4. In the Save in box, select the folder where you want to store the template. To create a normal template, select the Templates folder, which should have automatically opened when you chose the Template type in the previous step.

5. To make this template the default , save the folder in the XLStart folder. The XLStart folder should be located in the following place: C:\Windows\Application Data\Microsoft\Excel\XLStart.

6. In the File name box, type a name for the template. Use the name book1 if you want this template to be the default.

7. Finally click on Save.

Thanks for replying me it possible to choose only certain cells to print on a single page without losing the alignment?

I tried using Set Print Area option on a single page choosing random cells but when i try to see it in print preview, it reflects all the selected as multiple pages.

Sure you can do that for you need to have two sheet in first sheet pick the cell or cells of the first cells which you don't want to print, after picking hold the shift key down and then go to edit and you will see copy as picture option , go to sheet two and just past it, then move it to the right cells to match the first sheet. then hit = and then pick the same cells again this will update the picture if the cells were you type change. after your done with all you cells you need to print in the right place that you want to print.