Thread: Making a RAID 0 from a software

Making a RAID 0 from a software

I try to type RAID, history just to see what I could see, but the relevance of the results were not worth all the trouble to make them. In short, that I'm in Vista (why I'm here) and I try to make striped volume (after paying the gross volume). So I try both with the disk manager, with the command prompt, so I loved that there is any other software capable of doing that.
    (no need to tell me "goes into hardware is better ...." When I look for software that is not to pay too much, anyway, I'm looking not x2 speed, just enough 1.5 )
    thank you

Re: Making a RAID 0 from a software

Create a striped volume
    A striped volume is a volume that stores data in the form of aggregates by bands on two or more physical disks. Data in a striped volume is allocated in alternative and regular (striped) on these discs. The striped volume presents the best performance of all the volumes available on Windows, but they do not support fault tolerance. If a disc of a striped volume knows a failure, data from the entire volume is lost.

You can create striped volumes only on dynamic disks. The striped volume can not be extended. You can create a striped volume on dynamic disks 32 at most.

To create a striped volume using the Windows interface

Component in the Disk Management, right click on unallocated space of the dynamic disks on which you want to create the striped volume, and then click New striped volume.

Follow the instructions displayed on the screen.

Extract using the disk manager of Vista .......

if your system disk is included in it is to install vista it takes to create the raid and your software raid on vista is not as dynamic volumes and no extended partitions (in theory) while have to install software in a raid vista from a partition (on the dd or there was the OS) and one dd (in practice)

I just try to make dynamic, precisely, is where the console tells me that it is not included in my version of Vista, well, okay, thank you anyway.