Thread: Disk keeper needs to connect to internet

Disk keeper needs to connect to internet

Hey guys!
    I have installed and using disk keeper 2008 pro from a long time... Now suddenly it is trying to access the internet and my firewall always warns me about it stating "dkservice.exe is trying to access to internet" or something.. Why is disk keeper asking for an outbound connection? what does it need to do from the internet? Any help??

Re: Disk keeper needs to connect to internet

Hey!
    I have never used disk keeper as i am comfortable with Disk Management which is included in windows itself. but Does Diskeeper have a "check for updates/upgrades" option to automatically download changes to itself? If so, it is probably needing access for doing so. I'm not a Diskeeper user as i said before so others hopefully will jump in on your question.

Re: Disk keeper needs to connect to internet

If you are using Disk Keeper Admin version or in a networked environment you get such situation. Typically in some cases, if you have firewall software installed on your standalone system, it may display messages and indications that Diskeeper is attempting to make communications on your system whether you’re using the client editions or the Administrator Edition. Not to worry, this is a normal indication that Diskeeper is successfully attempting communications. Diskeeper does not use the internet to communicate but uses its own communication among its components to function. It is perfectly okay for you to allow or block the messages or communications warnings that the firewall may generate. Diskeeper will continue to function either way.