Thread: Updating JAVA without leaving your system at risk

Updating JAVA without leaving your system at risk

Hey guys!

Older versions have vulnerabilities that malware can use to infect your system. A malicious site could render Java content under older, vulnerable versions of Sun's software if the user has not removed them. Please follow these steps to remove older version Java components and update.

• Download the latest version of Java Runtime Environment (JRE) from the link below and save it to your desktop.
    • Scroll down to where it says "Java Runtime Environment (JRE) 6u1...allows end-users to run Java applications".
    • Click the "Download" button to the right.
    • Read the License Agreement and then check the box that says: "Accept License Agreement".
    • The page will refresh.
    • Click on the link to download Windows Offline Installation and save the file to your desktop.
    • Close any programs you may have running - especially your web browser.
    • Go to Start > Control Panel double-click on Add/Remove programs and remove all older versions of Java.
    • Check any item with Java Runtime Environment (JRE or J2SE) in the name.
    • Click the Change/Remove button.
    • Repeat as many times as necessary to remove each Java versions.
    • Reboot your computer once all Java components are removed.
    • Then from your desktop double-click on the .exe file that you just downloaded to install the newest version.

Download JAVA

Re: Updating JAVA without leaving your system at risk

After updateing java as you have mentioned, but after that i get some weird error like your web browser does not support Java or Java is not enabled.
    I have tried to use a website's messenger that uses java and it worked fine up until a week or so and now all I see is a red X in the top left corner. Their support team said to contact Vista support to find out what you need to do to get Java to work on your computer or download Firefox as an alternate browser. I really don't know what else to do and I do know that I have spent many hours trying to resolve this issue including deleting Java 6 and installing Java 5 and I am still hitting a road block. Anything anyone can do for me would be greatly appreciated.
    Help..!

Re: Updating JAVA without leaving your system at risk

Hey!
    I guess, something, somewhere went wrong... Remove java and related softwares from your computer. now again follow the above instructions to reinstall java... Then try to browse the net...
    All the best!