Thread: How do .NET FRamework Version 2.0 works

idea How do .NET FRamework Version 2.0 works

Hello Everyone,

Recently i have installed .NET FRamework Version 2.0 on my system for running some particular software. I'm not sure whether i have installed it properly or not? I even don't know how to use it? Does any one have any idea about it? Can any one help me out with the above issue? Any kind of information on it would be appreciated.

Thanks.

Re: How do .NET FRamework Version 2.0 works

Instructions
    Try to follow the below steps mention.

1. Important: Make sure you have the latest service pack and critical updates for the version of Windows that you are running. To find recent security updates, visit Windows Update.

2. Click the Download button on this page to start the download

3. Do one of the following:
    • To start the installation immediately, click Run.
    • To save the download to your computer for installation at a later time, click Save.
    • To cancel the installation, click Cancel.

IMPORTANT: If you have installed previous pre-release versions of .NET Framework v2.0, such as Beta 1, Beta 2 or Community Technical Preview (CTP) builds, then you must uninstall these versions via Add/Remove Programs in Control Panel before installing this final release version.

Here are two methods you may want to consider:

Method 1:

1.) Under HKLM\SOFTWARE\Microsoft\.NETFramework\policy\ check to see if the version you want is installed (for example, look for the v1.1 folder and 4322 for the version number to detect the released version of V1.1)

2.) Under HKLM\Software\Microsoft\.NETFramework\InstallRoot get the path where the Framework is installed. Create a directory string by concatenating the install root and the version under policy. E.g. "C:\WINDOWS\Microsoft.NET\Framework\" + "v1.1" + "." + "4322"

3.) Look at the directory, if mscorlib.dll (or another critical .dll to the .NET framework is there) the runtime is installed.

Method 2:

There's a caveat to this method in that the shim gets left behind when we uninstall if there is more than one version of the CLR on the machine, but it still can be useful depending on what version you're looking for:

LoadLibrary(“mscoree.dll“); - if this fails then there's no runtime installed

GetProcAddress(“CorBindToRuntime“); - if this fails there's no runtime installed

CorBindToRuntime(“GetRequestedRuntimeInfo“);

GetRequestedRuntimeInfo(xxxx); where xxxx is the build number.

Hope so it may help you out.

Try download the .Netframework 2.0 to your desktop instead of installing from MS. And install it from there.

BTW, you don't need to install the .Netframework 1.1 first, try install the 2.0 first and see how it goes. It works for me, whenever i install vers.2.0 first. (From the desktop)

You can also try if vers.3.0 or 3.5 will install properly. They have the same properties as 2.0 plus some more.

An alternative is to direct your TEMP. files to another folder, then switch back after the install or. Close down Advpack.dll, install, re-enable advpack.dll.