Thread: Windows Installer has stopped working

Windows Installer has stopped working

I wanted to install Nero 9, after uninstalling Nero 8 as I do each update, I had the unpleasant surprise of entitlement, to 50%, to a window "Windows Installer has stopped working" with the usual choice 'Send Report', etc. Upon forcing it, installation takes 2 to 3% before it resumes.I had the patience to go through and to see. Needless to say that the installation is bad. Some applications continued to work much, but others do not even open.

After rebooting the system, and two hours of waiting, I wanted to uninstall it all and I was still entitled to the same scenario for uninstall.

Meanwhile I was able to install small utilities without probleem (only a few MB)

What will happen then?
    File corruption Nero?
    Windows? Btw I am using Windows Vista.

The Microsoft® Windows® Installer (MSI) is the application installation and configuration service for Windows. These download packages will update the version of Windows Installer on your system to version 4.5.

The Microsoft® Windows® Installer (MSI) is the application installation and configuration service for Windows. Version 4.5 of the Windows Installer has several new features, including:

Multiple Package Transaction: In a multiple package transaction, you can create a single transaction from multiple packages. In a multiple package transaction, a chainer is used to dynamically include packages in the transaction. If any of the packages do not install as expected, you can roll back the installation.

Embedded UI Handler: You can embed a custom user interface (UI) handler in the Windows Installer package. This makes a custom UI easier to integrate. You can also invoke an embedded UI handler from the Add or Remove item in Control Panel. Or, you can invoke an embedded UI handler during a Windows Installer repair process.

Embedded Chainer: You can use the embedded chainer to add packages to a multiple package transaction. You can use an embedded chainer to enable installation events across multiple packages. For example, you can enable the install-on-demand events, the repair events, and the uninstall events across multiple packages.

Update Supersedence Resiliency: This feature enables you to correct for changes in the FeatureComponent table during supersedence.

Shared Component Patching Resiliency During Uninstall: This feature makes sure that the most recent version of a component is available to all the products.

Custom Action Execution On Update Uninstall: This feature enables an update to add or change a custom action so that the custom action is called when an update is uninstalled.

After installation of this package, the version of Windows Installer on the system will be upgraded to 4.5.

Download Windows Installer 4.5 Redistributable

Thank you. I just installed Windows Installer 4.5 (and I do not understand why this utility does not update in the Windows Updates).

So I restarted, and the same thing happened to 60%.

I forgot to say that for those 60% I still waited almost an hour! For the record I installed Microsoft Office in about ten minutes.

Sometimes it comes from a bad uninstall of the previous version.
    Download a CleanTool before starting the new installation.

Re: Windows Installer has stopped working

Hi,

I am having the exact same problem as Jasonholt.
    I did not have a version of Nero before, this was my first time installing it.
    After installing it the first time and it didn't work, I tried uninstalling it using the cleaner and reinstalling and no go!
    Help please!
    I paid $100 for the program so im hoping i'll be able to use it! lol!

Thanks!