Thread: cannot install eMule on vista

cannot install eMule on vista

I can not install eMule on Vista. I download it but I can not open the incoming file to recover the files! Please tell me how to install it. Thank you
    Gunz Dont Kill PEOPLE

I Do........

Re: cannot install eMule on vista

The incoming Change directory to C:\Users\******\Downloads\eMule\Incoming settings in

I also I cannot connect to eMule and I cannot download it either. It says that my login is not correct when I am change it, but nothing works.
    "Water is insubstantial. By this I mean you can not grasp hold of it. You can not punch it and hurt it. Be formless, shapeless, like water.

You can install it on Vista or you can't?

Cause I am a big fan of eMule. Really is nice.
    Using XP now though.

However, eMule speed is always testing your patience. So, just leave the thing there and let it download.

1. Download latest version of eMule (currently at v0.47c or later). All future version of eMule later than version 0.47c will automatically support Windows Vista with full compatibility.

2. Install eMule out of the protected “Program Files” directory. By default, “Program Files” directory where all the programs normally are stored is protected against unauthorized write access, and Vista will redirect any write access to a virtual directory. This mechanism will affect eMule as its configuration files as well as downloads are stored there. The easy way out is by installing eMule in another folder outside to “Program Files”, such as “C:\eMule”. To do this, change the path installer suggest.

3. If you don’t want to install eMule in different location, the alternative is to change the folders storing incoming files and temporary files to an unprotected location. Vista has a default Downloads folder which is suitable to be assigned to eMule. To do so, open the Options page in eMule, select “Directories”, and then change “Incoming files” (or browse to the location or any place you like) to C:\Users\User Name\Downloads\ and “Temporary files” to C:\Users\User Name\Downloads\Temp. Replace User Name with the user ID used to log on to Vista.

4. To solve the issue eMule hitting the maximum half open concurrent connection limit in Vista, open the Options page in eMule, select “Extended” and then change “Max. half open connections” from 50 to any value between 1 to 9. Alternatively, download the tcpip.sys patch for Vista to unlock the limit.

5. If you can’t see the minimize to tray button on some themes, it’s still possible to minimize eMule window to tray by clicking on system menu (the eMule icon on the top left corner of program window), and then select “Minimize to system tray”.
    Alternatively, open Options page, select Display, and then enable (tick) the “Minimize to tray” setting to make all minimize action on standard button automatically minimize eMule to system tray.

6. It’s also possible to force eMule to run with highest execution level with full administrator’s rights so that eMule is allowed to write files to where it wants to without restriction. To do so, copy and paste the below code to a text editor (i.e. Notepad), and save the file as emule.exe.manifest inside the same directory with installed location of eMule.exe.

For more information go to this link.