Thread: Autocomplete of text in Word 2007

unsure Autocomplete of text in Word 2007

I know this way sound funny to most people, but I am having a problem in Microsoft Office Word 2007. In Word 2003, if I typed in the first two letters, of any word it will finish it up for me when I hit enter. What is it, and were can I find it in word 2007?
    Last edited by Yogesh; 09-03-2009 at 08:41 PM. Reason: Title edited suitably. Always give proper title that best describes your thread.

Re: Word 2007

Hello , You need to Enable the Autocompletion feature for this but AutoComplete has been disabled in Word 2007 due to the enormous quantity of Building Blocks (the expanded successor to AutoText) that would otherwise cause AutoComplete to occur just about all the time.

To force completion after typing the first four characters, you'll need to press the F3 key. This will work with any Building Block, not just AutoText. But, it will work only if there are no other entries that begin with the same four letters.Some users are finding it useful to use AutoCorrect entries instead of AutoText entries as a work-around, and to purposely create short names that match what they were typing in Word 2003 and earlier. There is still no AutoComplete display, but typing any Word separator (space, period, comma, etc.) will trigger that automatic change from the short name into the expanded form.

Re: Word 2007

Create or change an AutoText entry
    AutoText (AutoText: A storage location for text or graphics you want to use again, such as a standard contract clause or a long distribution list. Each selection of text or graphics is recorded as an AutoText entry and is assigned a unique name.) entries must be at least five characters long if you want to insert the entry by using AutoComplete.

Create a new entry
    • Select the text or graphic you want to store as an AutoText entry.

To store paragraph formatting (paragraph formatting: Formatting that controls the appearance of a paragraph. Examples include indentation, alignment, line spacing, and pagination.) with the entry, include the paragraph mark () in the selection.
    • On the Insert menu, point to AutoText, and then click New.
    • When Microsoft Word proposes a name for the AutoText entry, accept the name or type a new one.

If you plan to insert the entry by using AutoComplete, make sure the name contains at least four characters because Word inserts an entry only after four characters have been typed.

For more information go to this link.

Re: Autocomplete of text in Word 2007

You can try to use Autocomplete for Word 2007 add-ins.
    http://autocomplete-for-word.com/