Thread: How to remove text from adobe acrobat file?

How to remove text from adobe acrobat file?

Hi there,
    I have one PDF file to work on. I want to remove some text from existing pdf file. Anyone know how to do this?

Any and all suggestions are welcome.

Re: How to remove text from adobe acrobat file?

Follow the steps below to remove a text field in Acrobat:
    • Open an existing PDF.
    • Choose the "View" menu, point to "Toolbars" and click "Forms" to display the "Forms" toolbar if necessary.
    • Select the "Text Field Tool" from the "Forms" toolbar. The "Text Field Tool" is the sixth tool on the toolbar and is depicted by a picture of a text field with the letter "T" inside.
    • Click the text field from the PDF document that you want to delete.
    • You can click on any of the sizing handles or anywhere inside the text field. The text field will be highlighted in red once you have selected it.
    • Press the "Delete" key on your keyboard. The selected text field will immediately be deleted from the PDF document.
    • Continue to delete any other text fields in the PDF that you want to erase from the Acrobat PDF.

You need to use the "TouchUp Text Tool" tool not the "Text Select" tool. The "TouchUp Text Tool" is on "Advanced Editing" toolbar.

Use the Text Edits tools to edit a PDF document. You will find the tools on the Comment & Markup toolbar, they are not included in the More Tools dialog for adding to the toolbar. The Text Edits pop-up menu displays the list of tools and if you have selected text on the page, the tools are all active. If you haven’t selected any text, select Indicate Text Edits Tool to activate the Text Select tool. Use this option if you need to insert, delete, or replace text.

matthewforu Guest

you easily download any of the PDF editing tool from the internet and use them to edit the pdf

Quote Originally Posted by JonathanD View Post
    Use the Text Edits tools to edit a PDF document. You will find the tools on the Comment & Markup toolbar, they are not included in the More Tools dialog for adding to the toolbar. The Text Edits pop-up menu displays the list of tools and if you have selected text on the page, the tools are all active. If you haven’t selected any text, select Indicate Text Edits Tool to activate the Text Select tool. Use this option if you need to insert, delete, or replace text.
    I only get a red strike through the text that I want to delete.
    How do I remove the text? Note that this is the text which is in the pdf file and it is not in any controls.
    Thanks