Forgot your username/password?
Tags Active Topics RSS Search Mark Forums Read

Sponsored Links

Desktop.ini files on all the folders

Windows Software

Old 06-03-2009

Desktop.ini files on all the folders

Hi guys!
I had a lot of virum problems in my computer. So i clean installed Windows at the cost of my data! Now i have a clean Windows and fully updated Antivirus. But there is this file "Desktop.ini" in allmost all the folders! When i scan it with the antivirus, it says No threats were found... Is this a virus? How do i remove this file? It keeps on coming back!
Help guys!

Old 06-03-2009

Re: Desktop.ini files on all the folders

Hey There!
Even i have noticed this file in Windows XP and even in Windows Vista. Is this a virus or some infection? Will it cause harm to the computer? Specially to my data?
Help guys!
Old 06-03-2009

Hey!
No its not a virus, its a windows system files. It comes in all the Operating system including Windows 7. I don't know what it is used for though...! Google is your friend..! Try to google a bit and you will find what it exactly is...!
Old 06-03-2009

Hey!
Exactly as said by Glenny... Its a system file used by windows to save the settings of a folder. INI - Stands for "Information". This file is saved in each folder and each folder hais its setting files individually saved it its folder itself.

TechArena Community > Software > Windows Software
Tags: