Thread: Download Opera 9.64

Download Opera 9.64

The publisher Opera has just released version 9.64 of the same name. As one might expect, there is a maintenance version that comes correct problems such as security vulnerabilities.

All versions for both Windows and Linux than Mac OS X are affected by the same faults. There is especially a group of holes in the management of security certificates. Two specific improvements to the Windows version is displayed:

• The support of the DEP (Data Execution Prevention) for Windows XP Service Pack 2 and Windows Server 2003 Service Pack 1
    • The support of ASLR (Address Space Layout Randomization) for Vista
    • Other faults are corrected, such as that relating to JPEG or another allowing the use of plug-ins specifically designed to attack type cross domain scripting.

To Download Opera 9.64 , Click Here

Re: Download Opera 9.64

The support of ASLR (Address Space Layout Randomization) for Vista My knowledge in this area are very limited, my question may seem stupid, but I still: is it just the OS to handle this? Because it concerns the management and access to memory. The apps do not have to know the physical memory address given by the OS, they work in a virtual space (which always starts at 0 and goes to infinity and beyond)

Quote Originally Posted by WarHammer View Post
    The support of ASLR (Address Space Layout Randomization) for Vista My knowledge in this area are very limited, my question may seem stupid, but I still: is it just the OS to handle this? Because it concerns the management and access to memory. The apps do not have to know the physical memory address given by the OS, they work in a virtual space (which always starts at 0 and goes to infinity and beyond)
    The goal is to change the layout in the virtual space called. Without this technology, the data sections are still in the same location (stack, the top of the pile, the pile, etc ...)

Quote Originally Posted by WarHammer View Post
    This technique is rather unique and is positioned randomly in the memory of a process, some data such as battery, the pile (and other stuff). It is therefore something which concerns the organization of memory allocated to a process and not the global memory. Under Vista the trick has been implemented at the discretion of the developer (perhaps for compatibility issues, and there is speculation personal), it must explicitly use the ASLR.