Thread: Outlook Express - Msoe.dll missing

Outlook Express - Msoe.dll missing

Hello,

When I start Outlook Express the following error message appears: "OE could not be started because Msoe.dll could not be initialized .......".
    The message appears with an incorrect registry entry (HKLM\SOFTWARE\Clients\Mail\Default) together.

Unfortunately I am not alone. Who knows the problem (seems more often to perform) and can help me. Is there a possibility alone OE reinstall?

Any help would be appreciated.

Re: Outlook Express - Msoe.dll missing

This is from Microsoft!

Outlook Express could not be started because Msoe.dll could not be initialized

CAUSE
    This behavior can occur if there is missing or corrupted information in the Outlook Express Identities key.

RESOLUTION
    WARNING: Using Registry Editor incorrectly can cause serious problems that may require you to reinstall your operating system Microsoft can not guarantee that problems resulting from the incorrect use of Registry Editor can be solved. Use Registry Editor at your own risk.

For information about how to edit the registry, view the "Changing Keys and Values" Help topic in Registry Editor (Regedit.exe) or the "Add and Delete Information in the Registry" and "Edit Registry Data" Help topics in Regedt32.exe . Note that you should back up the registry before you edit it. If you are running Windows NT or Windows 2000, you should also update your Emergency Repair Disk (ERD).

To resolve this issue:

1.Click Start, point to Settings, click Control Panel and double-click Add / Remove Programs.

2.On the Install / Uninstall tab, click Microsoft Outlook Express 5, and click Add / Remove to uninstall Outlook Express.

3.Click Start, click Run, type regedit, and click OK.

4.Locate the following registry key:

HKEY_CURRENT_USER / Identities

5.Back up the registry key:

a.On the Registry menu, click Export Registry File.

b.In the Save in box, click Desktop, in the File name box, type identities, and then click Save.

6.Right-click the Identities key and then delete it.

7.Click Start, point to Settings, click Control Panel, and then double-click Add / Remove Programs.

8.On the Install / Uninstall tab, click Microsoft Internet Explorer 5 and Internet Tools, and then click Add / Remove.

9.Click Add a component, and then click OK.

10.Click Outlook Express in the list, and then click Next to continue installing Outlook Express.

Re: Outlook Express - Msoe.dll missing

Hi!
    Interesting! I have just such a message if I am too little memory to have the active partition.
    If I but the contents of the TEMP and the Web-Temp directory empty, and thus once again have enough memory, it goes smoothly! (Have a memory utilization monitor program running - VBSYS.EXE v4.30)