Thread: How to uninstall IE7 and reinstall IE7 for win XP pro service pack 3

Exclamation How to uninstall IE7 and reinstall IE7 for win XP pro service pack 3

I WOULD LIKE TO KNOW HOW TO UNINSTALL AND REINSTALL IE7 FOR WINDOWS XP SERV PACK3.

i have been having problems downloading programs, my isp recommended me contacting my computer manufacturer, well ncp has taken over customer service, and well the number is alwayssssssss busy, so it doesn't look like i'll get help there. however i would like to be able to successfully perform these actions before the end of the day tomorrow. my internet will be disconnected. THANKS TO ALL THE LAYOFFS!!
    i would like to be able to download some programs for my personal use, but can not accomplish this until i get IE fixed. THANKS TO ANYONE WHO RESPONDS
    RESA

Re: How to uninstall IE7 and reinstall IE7 for win XP pro service pack 3

The simplest way to uninstall Windows Internet Explorer 7 is to use Add or Remove Programs.

Uninstall Internet Explorer 7
    1. Click Start, and then click Run.
    2. In the Open box, type appwiz.cpl, and then click OK. It may take several seconds for your computer to compile a list of programs.
    3. Scroll down through the list and click Windows Internet Explorer 7, and then click Remove.

Then Again Run the Setup of Internet explorer 7 to install it hope it will Help

Re: How to uninstall IE7 and reinstall IE7 for win XP pro service pack 3

According to Microsoft, you cannot uninstall Internet Explorer 7 after you install Windows XP Service Pack 3. When you use the Add or Remove Programs item in Control Panel, there is no option to uninstall Internet Explorer 7. However, This issue does not occur if you install Internet Explorer 7 after you install Windows XP SP3. So to uninstall Internet Explorer 7, you will have to first uninstall Windows XP SP3. Then uninstall Internet Explorer 7. Then reinstall Windows XP SP3 (if you want).

Exclamation Re: How to uninstall IE7 and reinstall IE7 for win XP pro service pack 3

Quote Originally Posted by Glenny View Post
    According to Microsoft, you cannot uninstall Internet Explorer 7 after you install Windows XP Service Pack 3. When you use the Add or Remove Programs item in Control Panel, there is no option to uninstall Internet Explorer 7. However, This issue does not occur if you install Internet Explorer 7 after you install Windows XP SP3. So to uninstall Internet Explorer 7, you will have to first uninstall Windows XP SP3. Then uninstall Internet Explorer 7. Then reinstall Windows XP SP3 (if you want).
    since i have dial up that will be unlikely to perform all of this before my internet is disconnected. i guess i have learned a valuable lesson however, not to buy rebuild computers. i will now use this computers for non internet related things. thanks anyways...........