Forgot your username/password?
Register Tags Active Topics RSS Search Mark Forums Read

Sponsored Links

How do I restore

Windows Software

Old 03-03-2009

idea How do I restore my C drive

Hey Everyone,

I have installed Windows Xp on my system. I had a full image of C drive on my network drive. I had created it with xxcopy and not with MS xcopy, because it actually works for me. Few days back i got BSOD and had lost a bunch of files. Unfortunately i went to xxcopy website, for restoring my files back but i could find anything. Do i have only option left with me that i have to put my C drive into another machine as a slave and then try to copy the backup files? Does any one have any idea about it? Kindly suggets me your views on it.

Thanks.

Old 03-03-2009

Re: How do I restore

To fix this problem automatically, click the Fix this problem link. Then, click Run in the File Download dialog box, and follow the steps in this wizard.

Notes
  • This wizard is temporarily in English only. However, the automatic fix also works for other language versions of Windows.
  • If you are not on the computer that has the problem, you can save the automatic fix to a flash drive or to a CD so that you can run it on the computer that has the problem.
Old 03-03-2009

If you have used the mirror type for backup, you can simply use the copy-paste commands in order to restore your data to a restore folder. To accomplish that, please follow these steps:

1. Open Windows Explorer and go to the backup destination.

2. Open Edit menu->click Select All (Ctrl+A).

3. Open Edit menu->click Copy (Ctrl+C).

4. Go to the restore folder.

5. Open Edit menu->click Paste (Ctrl+V).
Old 03-03-2009

I think you can recover your file by trying it on another machine. You can you some good programs such as Easy recover in order to get back your files.

TechArena Community > Software > Windows Software
Tags: