Thread: How do I restore

idea How do I restore my C drive

Hey Everyone,

I have installed Windows Xp on my system. I had a full image of C drive on my network drive. I had created it with xxcopy and not with MS xcopy, because it actually works for me. Few days back i got BSOD and had lost a bunch of files. Unfortunately i went to xxcopy website, for restoring my files back but i could find anything. Do i have only option left with me that i have to put my C drive into another machine as a slave and then try to copy the backup files? Does any one have any idea about it? Kindly suggets me your views on it.

Thanks.

Re: How do I restore

To fix this problem automatically, click the Fix this problem link. Then, click Run in the File Download dialog box, and follow the steps in this wizard.

Notes

• This wizard is temporarily in English only. However, the automatic fix also works for other language versions of Windows.
    • If you are not on the computer that has the problem, you can save the automatic fix to a flash drive or to a CD so that you can run it on the computer that has the problem.

If you have used the mirror type for backup, you can simply use the copy-paste commands in order to restore your data to a restore folder. To accomplish that, please follow these steps:

1. Open Windows Explorer and go to the backup destination.

2. Open Edit menu->click Select All (Ctrl+A).

3. Open Edit menu->click Copy (Ctrl+C).

4. Go to the restore folder.

5. Open Edit menu->click Paste (Ctrl+V).

I think you can recover your file by trying it on another machine. You can you some good programs such as Easy recover in order to get back your files.