Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: How to break password-protected rar file?

How to break password-protected rar file?

hi,
    i downloaded this winzip file and its password protected to extract it.if there are any programs that can crack the password protected rar files within minutes?Any recommendations and suggestions are appreciated.

Re: How to break password-protected rar file?

RAR Password Cracker requires Windows 9x/ME/XP/NT4/2000/2003. There are no special requirements for memory capacity, but the processor performance should be as high as possible. Special hardware is not required.

hi,
    the most common method is using a dictionary attack or brute force. most rar files that can be downloaded in torrent or warez sites sometimes password protected those files using their addresses, using brute force attack to break those kind of passwords.

Usually, but not always, downloaded zip files are encrypted with a password so that sites get you to visit them (bit torrent etc) If this is a genuine file from a bone fide site, they will send you the password or add it to the file name. (filename.xz43.zip) the xz43 being the password) Run your virus checker (right click and select scan on the zip file icon).

Most sites will have the "P" icon next to the file indicating it has a password. In my experience, I rarely download any zip with a password as 9/10 times they have packed the zip with adware and other junk.

i downloaded this winzip file and its password protected to extract it.if there are any programs that can crack the password protected rar files within minutes?Any recommendations and suggestions are appreciated.
    Download Version 4.12 This program is intended to recover lost passwords for RAR/WinRAR archives of versions 2.xx and 3.xx. The program finds by the method of exhaustive search all possible combinations of characters ("bruteforce" method), or using passwords from lists ("wordlist" or "dictionary" method). Self-extracting archives and multivolume archives are supported. The program is able to save a current state (you can interrupt the program at any time, and restart from the same state later). Estimated time calculator allows you to configure the program more carefully.

Hui xiao Guest

RAR Password Recovery 5.0 can remove password ,it works well for me.

Quote Originally Posted by Hui xiao View Post
    RAR Password Recovery 5.0 can remove password ,it works well for me.

How you did this please tell me I wanna watch Iron Man2, which is RAR protected

Hui xiao Guest

Quote Originally Posted by TanuTheAngel View Post
    How you did this please tell me I wanna watch Iron Man2, which is RAR protected
    By removing the password
    Last edited by Saket; 10-05-2010 at 09:43 AM. Reason: External link not allowed

ohmy Re: How to break password-protected rar file?

And how u remove the password???//////////

There are many free tools to remove rar password from a winrar file that is password protected. You can download either rarpasswordcracker, RAR Password Unlocker and many such tools, just search for it ans install it and then follow the steps that will be given in the wizard. Hope that helps

Ey i got 1 file and it's really important to me,if someone can crack it for me,becaouse i got really slow computer and would take ages for that,so please can someone just crack that file for me and send me a paswword,i would upload the file if u can do it,if u want to do it,just sent me a private message and i will give you the link of uploaded file,please just that 1 thing,thanks

OMFG Re: How to break password-protected rar file?

plzzz help !!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! i downloaded dota 2 but now it is password protected rar file how do i get the password without any password remover!
    plz plz plz reply and give solutions!

Quote Originally Posted by rawhit View Post
    plzzz help !!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! i downloaded dota 2 but now it is password protected rar file how do i get the password without any password remover!
    plz plz plz reply and give solutions!
    Can you tell us from where did you download the dota 2 game? If you have downloaded it from warez/hack or torrent site, then it is possible that the rar file would have virus in it or some other things that would effect your computer. Best you can do is download it from the manufactuer's website only or so legal game stores.

i downloaded it from torrent Bcuz i cant wait till its release!!!!!!!!!!!! plzz tell me how do get the password!

Quote Originally Posted by rawhit View Post
    i downloaded it from torrent Bcuz i cant wait till its release!!!!!!!!!!!! plzz tell me how do get the password!
    Well, incase if you have downloaded if illegaly from the torrent site then as per the forum rules we cannot make further discussion on same as it is against the rules of the forums. For more information you can check the forum rules here - Forum Guidelines & Terms of Service

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast