Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Thread: How to break password-protected rar file?

Re: How to break password-protected rar file?

Hi,
    I have created a zip file of jpg and forgaot the password kindly help me hoe to break the password

Quote Originally Posted by Raj Kumar Verma View Post
    Hi,
    I have created a zip file of jpg and forgaot the password kindly help me hoe to break the password
    Download a software called RAR Password Cracker by searching it from google, that will recover lost passwords for RAR/WinRAR archives of versions 2.xx and 3.xx. The program finds by the method of exhaustive search all possible combinations of characters ("bruteforce" method), or using passwords from lists.

Just for you reference:
    If you want to break your password-protected rar file as you have forgotten the password,one of best choice is RAR Password recovery 5.0 which proved to be an effective way to uncover lost or forgotten passwords.

I have also experience it that when i download a movie I don't know that it is a password protected then you can see in the folder a notepad the will eventually link you in different website so that can you can unlock it but it will eventually link you to a website that you should purchase something so that they will give you an unlock code. Then I just close all the website and delete the file even it takes me too long to download that movie. Thanks to this new software that can crack rar password protection It is very helpful.

Quote Originally Posted by Glenny View Post
    Usually, but not always, downloaded zip files are encrypted with a password so that sites get you to visit them (bit torrent etc) If this is a genuine file from a bone fide site, they will send you the password or add it to the file name. (filename.xz43.zip) the xz43 being the password) Run your virus checker (right click and select scan on the zip file icon).

Most sites will have the "P" icon next to the file indicating it has a password. In my experience, I rarely download any zip with a password as 9/10 times they have packed the zip with adware and other junk.
    ok i downloaded a RAR file and it does have a password. but how the hell do i give the password to the file. everytime i click the file to open it nothing happens...however i didnt know it was passoword protected and i told my computer to open it with DIVX....so yea i know the password but i cant get anything that lets me enter a password

Mostly RAR files having password and it is associated with the source itself. If you are aware of the source and then I can help you out on the same. in case you have downloaded the site from any website then password should be same as the name of that website.
    Another thing which I would like to tell you that whether you are getting comment file in Winrar. If so then you can get hint for the password over there.

i can do it.

It is usually not easy to break a password of rar file. The encryption used by winrar is very complicated. There are tool like RAR Password Cracker. I had used this tool but it does not work properly. You can use this tool for a try. It keeps on scanning something for hours. I had tried to multiple zip files but it hardly showed up results. What I know that it is not quiet easy to extract a password from winrar files.

There is a tool called as Rar Password Recovery tool. This tool really works. If you do not remember your rar file password then you can run this to open the zip file and extract the content from it. It uses somekind of recovery method like Brute Force Attack or Smart Force Attack to find what is the actual password stored. Just for testing this out, you can try a trail version of this tool. It offer you full functionality with limited time period.

Use PDS Excel password Unlocker tool which recover your lost Excel file password..........

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12