Become a Member!
Forgot your username/password?
Register Tags Active Topics RSS Search Mark Forums Read

Sponsored Links

K-lite codec pack problem

Windows Software

Old 02-03-2009

K-lite codec pack problem

I have minor problems with the portable of my girlfriend which refuses to read the .avi file(and some another video format besides)
there is the sound but not the image thus that must be a problem of codec (K-lite full codec pack is installed)
on my PC the files function but not on her, with same the pack, therefore that do not even come from the pack.
the portable is under XP (sp3) and whatever the pack of codec which I try to install, any video file cannot be read (I have the sound but not the image).

if somebody has an idea… thank you in advance

Old 02-03-2009

Re: K-lite codec pack problem

Download VLC and try to run the videos in this software.
Old 02-03-2009

use gspot to identify the codec(s) you need to play each file, and only install that/those codec(s) then. Codec packs tend to install a whole heap of crap you will never need and can often cause more problems than they fix.
Old 02-03-2009

I installed VLC player. That program would play the video fine but it would not play any audio. I checked if it was on mute. not on mute. I decided to check some audio settings,

So I go to Control Panel/Hardware and sound/Manage audio devices The first thing that pops up when I click on that says something is not working properly would you like to disable it. I don't remember the exact wording or problem it stated. So I click yes, disable it. And now everything works. Problem solved just like that.

TechArena Community > Software > Windows Software
Tags: ,