Thread: Whats Formats are Supported by Indesign?

Whats Formats are Supported by Indesign?

Hello, Everybody Can you tell me Which are the different Formats supported by Adode indesign , as i was wondering if you could tell the are minimum system requirement to install the adobe indesign software. the reason i m asking this you to im a graphics desginer and was thinking of upgrading to Adobe indesign so i thought it would be better to get suggestion from you all guys . so all kind of suggestion are welcome. Thank in advance

Re: Whats Formats are Supported by Indesign?

Hello ,
    Adobe Indesign supports almost all formats of text and image currents. It can import text from Word or other word processor has a limit it to export to rtf. indesign supports direct import of compositions made in Xpress. indesign is fully interactive with illustrator, photoshop, image ready and most of the adobe products for prepress production. indesign pdf generated from low or high resolution the latter option to produce PDF for the digital printing industry. in terms of image indesign supports all standard forms namely jpeg, pict, tiff, LZW compressed tiff, eps, eps with clipping masks, epsf. and the formats produced by native Photshop (PSD) and Illustrator (ai) This option allows not having to produce a flattened image pixelisée or to incorporate it into indesign. a native Photoshop image with multiple layers, vector plots and the effects can be integrated into indesign. it is then possible to directly modify the image in photoshop (hide a layer, add an effect) and have the result available in indesign without a export eps or tiff. ditto for illustrator, illlustrator composition of different objects, layers, vectors, gradients, mergers will be taken into account natively and can be modified without generating a file for export. indesign evidemmet well on the Chroma supports RGB and CMYK modes and patterns such as the LAB. Interactivity complete support in pdf. a pdf from Ilustrator or Acrobat can be modified, edited it is possible to add links or desobjets interactive. The latest version (CS4) is also interactive with docum flash. export functions other than native or indesign pdf can be used such as XML or SHTML. modules can also be added in a design such as filters and import converter for formats other individuals there is even a module import autocad) is to say how much everything indesign can bear.

Hello, you can This Link for the Details list of supported formats Click here Hope it will Help you

Hello, i have a little query related to this , in simple i want to Can I write a plug-in that will enable me to import a file format that is not currently supported by InDesign ? Thanks in advance

Quote Originally Posted by RAIS View Post
    Hello, i have a little query related to this , in simple i want to Can I write a plug-in that will enable me to import a file format that is not currently supported by InDesign ? Thanks in advance
    Yes. In many cases there may be a simpler solution that can be implemented using existing applications. This will discuss both options.Importing a file from an application that saves to an unsupported format: Rather than write a plug-in to import an unsupported file format, you can change your workflow slightly to save your file in an intermediary format, such as PDF or EPS, that InDesign does support.Many applications will save to PDF or EPS directly, but, even if yours doesn't, it is possible, using available technology, to save files from almost any program in one or both of these formats. In order to achieve this, your application must provide a print function and a PostScript driver must be installed on your system. (It is not necessary that you have a PostScript capable printer, only the driver is required.)Windows Operating Systems and Apple Macintosh operating systems both provide PostScript printer drivers which can be installed as virtual printers. Once installed, these drivers can be used to print any document to a PostScript file or EPS. If you have Adobe Acrobat or Acrobat Distiller installed, you can convert your PostScript file or EPS to PDF format. The EPS and PDF formats are supported by InDesign.