Go Back   TechArena Community > Software > Windows Software
Become a Member!
Forgot your username/password?
Tags Active Topics RSS Search Mark Forums Read

Old 28-02-2009

Need help to clone Hard disk drive

Hi guys!
I have a seagate 160 GB hard disk drive and i'm already running out of the space. I'm getting a new 1TB hard disk shortly... All i want is to clone my older image so that all my data remains as it it. Can i make a drive close the same way as we clone a CD/DVD?
Help needed! Thanks in advance!
Old 28-02-2009

Re: Need help to clone Hard disk drive

heya!
Yes you can do that easily... There are a lot of software which are specifically used for making image of a drive or you can say clone a drive. These softwares are generally used by corporate companies which has maximum work done on computers. They keep a backup os the system when it is first installed and is ready to use. The user files are periodically updated to the servers. If something goes wrong with a computer's OS, it take a longer time to fresh install the OS. Instead the they use clonig techniques which are faster to install...!

TechArena Community > Software > Windows Software
Tags: , ,