Become a Member!
Forgot your username/password?
Register Tags Active Topics RSS Search Mark Forums Read

Sponsored Links

why the characters keeps switching to a french keyboard

Windows Software

Old 28-02-2009

why the characters keeps switching to a french keyboard

I have Windows Vista OS and when I try to reply by Outlook in an email and also in word documents, the keyboard is switching to a French version character, and french characters display. Please help me, Thank you

Old 28-02-2009

Re: why the characters keeps switching to a french keyboard

I do not have a French keyboard so this is just general information!

To change options for languages and keyboards go to Control Panel, select Clock Language and Region. Regional and Language Options

here you can customize your system for your language and regional preferences, including keyboard layouts.
Old 28-02-2009

On my system (set up for eng/UK, eng/US, spa, fre and rus) I would have a similar problem if any of my languages required me to use "Left-alt + shift", which is the default Windows shortcut to switch to the next language in the list.

To check (or modify or remove) the shortcuts on your system, right-click the language icon (status bar) - Settings - Advanced Key Settings.
Old 28-02-2009

Open Control Panel than click "Regional and Language Options" after that you will get new window click "Keyboards and Languages" tab than "Change Keyboard". You will get another new screen you should remove french keyboard on the list to fix this problem.

TechArena Community > Software > Windows Software
Tags: , ,