Thread: How to uninstall Cold Turkey Beta 0.6 completely

How to uninstall Cold Turkey Beta 0.6 completely

I have been running windows 7 on my computer and I have recently installed Cold Turkey Beta 0.6 in order to block some website but then now I am not willing to use it and I want to uninstall it as there are some sites that has been blocked and I want to use them, The problem is that it is not that easy to uninstall Cold Turkey as it is said that while trying to uninstall it, it takes 5 days to your block time, anyways I have tried uninstalling it by following the faq’s that were on their website but then it did not worked out for me, is there anyone who can help me??

Re: How to uninstall Cold Turkey Beta 0.6 completely

I have been running windows 7 on my computer and I have recently installed Cold Turkey Beta 0.6 in order to block some website but then now I am not willing to use it and I want to uninstall it as there are some sites that has been blocked and I want to use them, The problem is that it is not that easy to uninstall Cold Turkey as it is said that while trying to uninstall it, it takes 5 days to your block time, anyways I have tried uninstalling it by following the faq’s that were on their website but then it did not worked out for me, is there anyone who can help me??
    I am not very sure but then have you tried using the Revo's uninstaller, if not then try out the same as it is a brute force program uninstaller, just try out the same and see if it is helping, Best of luck.

I will like to inform you that it is not just an icon or something the only place where I get instance of the same is the system 32, I have tried out using the Revo's uninstaller but then it is just not showing up, I am really running out of ideas is there anything else that I can try out to get rid of this program, any further help for the same will be appreciated.

I have checked out the same and I have found the below solution to be working for uninstalling the Cold Turkey:
    • First Go in to start and then click on run and then type 'msconfig' and make sure that you are entering the same without the quotes.
    • Now in the startup tab uncheck the cold turkey and then in the services tab make sure that you are checking 'hide all Microsoft services' option. Other than this uncheck 'KCTRP' as well and then apply the same and then reboot your system.
    • When you are done with the above steps then go in to c:\windows\system32\drivers\etc\ hosts and then select the file right click on the same and then select properties and make it read only and then apply the same.
    • Now open the hosts file with notepad and then check out for the following files they may differ according to the sites that you might have blocked.

#### Cold Turkey Entries ####
    0.0.0.0 addictinggames.com
    0.0.0.0 www.addictinggames.com
    0.0.0.0 collegehumor.com
    0.0.0.0 www.collegehumor.com
    • After that delete all the files after #### Cold Turkey Entries #### and after that save the file and then close the file as well.

Just try out the same and see if it is helping.

I have tried do the same but then the problem that I was facing there was that, it was asking for admin permission, where as In my case I am the only user which basically means that I am the administrator, I don’t think that I am missing anything, do you know what is this issue now?? I am really running out of ideas, is there any other thing that I can try out???

I will like to inform you that the host file is actually hidden, so you will have to change the settings in the view tab to “show all the hidden file” and after that when you will try to modify the file the windows WRP will come up with UAC and after that you can go in to accessories and then right click on the Notepad and then select the properties and then run it as an administrator and then proceed with the above steps, just check it out and see if it is helping.

I have now tried out the above solution as well but then it is just not allowing me to save, I don’t know what is the issue all about, I have found some people saying that the same solution has worked for them like a charm but then why is it not working it out for me, is there any other effective solution than this??? Please help!!