Thread: How To Open Ost File?

How To Open Ost File?

Can any one tell me How To Open Ost File? I have installed outlook 2003 on my windows xp computer. Any software or tool to open ost file. Any recommendations and suggestions are appreciated.

Re: How To Open Ost File?

Recovery ToolBox for Outlook (download) is designed to recover data from Microsoft Outlook pst files. The Microsoft Outlook mail client is part of the Microsoft Office software package and is one of the most popular mail clients in the world. The program can be also used to recover information from Microsoft Exchange ost files and/or convert them into Microsoft Outlook pst files.

Download Recovery ToolBox for Outlook

OST files are created when the "Use Offline Folders" option is selected in Outlook and are stored on the local hard drive instead of mail server.If you can open OST file in off-line mode, you can then create a PST and simply copy the contents of the OST over to the PST.

An OST file (.ost) is an offline folder file in Microsoft Outlook.Recovery Toolbox for Outlook open ost file can open ost files, created by Microsoft Exchange Server. The maximum size of each new file created by Recovery ToolBox for Outlook can be up to 1GB. Recovery Toolbox for Outlook can access and open ost files, that are stored on user workstation.

OST file cannot be directly open with MS Outlook. If you want to open it with MS Outlook then you need to use Convert OST to PST software. The convert OST to PST software converts the OST file into PST file and then you can open it with Outlook.

bibomaria Guest

Hi !

i think there is an error in outlook express, so that your file is not open correctly. you can go through a software.
    Last edited by Maqbool; 05-08-2010 at 11:08 PM. Reason: External Links Not Allowed, Removed The Same.

U need to convert ost files into pst files to do so u hav to take help of sum third party software dere r many available in d market u can google dem, in ma view try Kernel for OSt to pst software i hav used it and it wrks perfect for me

Jim Chou Guest

Quote Originally Posted by avvia View Post
    Can any one tell me How To Open Ost File? I have installed outlook 2003 on my windows xp computer. Any software or tool to open ost file. Any recommendations and suggestions are appreciated.
    If you are the ost owner, that is you have an exchange account connecting with the exchange server. U can open it directly.

If you have the PST file, you can import it whatever.

If none of above, recommend u to use Advanced Exchange Recovery, it converts OST to PST and deal with corrupted OST, PST files.

Good luck
    Jim
    Last edited by Maqbool; 19-10-2010 at 11:48 AM. Reason: External Links Not Allowed, Removed The Same.

JosephLuna Guest

+1 splitarticle, Jim Chou
    You need special software. Or you can use OST to PST service
    As I know in some cases using this service more cheep than buying software.
    Anyway you need to analyze both.

BR,
    JL
    Last edited by Kunal; 16-11-2010 at 10:36 PM. Reason: External Linking is not allowed

Have you lost and deleted your .ost files? Which can recover OST file into convert PST file format, very simple using SysTools OST Recovery software is a powerful application to effective recover your crash/deleted and corrupted ost files and database email messages, contacts, notes, journals, tasks, calendars. Images and folders etc. this software recover .ost file into convert .pst, .eml and .msg file format easily..
    Last edited by Maqbool; 25-12-2010 at 10:43 PM. Reason: External Links Not Allowed, Removed The Same.

jlogart Guest

You can open ost in outlook by simply importing it to the Outlook usng Import/Export option in menu bar of Outlook. and if you want to open an inaccessible ost file, in such case you have to convert ost to pst file and then import the resulting pst fiel in Outlook

I solved the problem of opening .OST file with .ost viewer/reader. You could download it. You don't need Outlook to use the application.