Thread: My updated driver is not working properly

My updated driver is not working properly

hi friends,
    i recently installed a new driver in my computer system but its not working properly. I want get back to the previous one.
    How can i get it back ?

Re: My updated driver is not working properly

There is nothing to worry, it is very simple to get back to the previous driver.
    However, each time you update a driver, Windows XP automatically saves a copy of the previous driver on your computer. If you think a recent driver update may be making your computer unstable, you can use the Driver Rollback feature to get rid of the new driver and replace it with the last one that worked. Driver Rollback permits only one level of rollback (only one prior driver version can be saved at a time); this feature is available for all device classes, except printers.

To Roll Back the Driver, you need to follow some steps:-

To roll back a driver:

1. Log on as Administrator.

2. Click Start, and then click Control Panel.

3. Click Performance and Maintenance, and then click System. On the Hardware tab, click Device Manager.

4. Navigate to the driver you wish to roll back, right click the name of the driver and choose Properties

5. Click the Driver tab and then click Roll Back Driver

It will take some mints and its done to your previos driver.

Some times some latest drivers not function properly might be because of some error of doesn't suites your system, in this case you should not get stopped. Go ahead and roll it back to your previous version.

to roll back to the previous driver, follow this steps:-

First you'll need to open Device Manager.
    1.The easiest way is to just type device manager into the start menu
    search box

2.through the control panel

3.By right click on my computer, Mange,Device manager

Once you have it open, browse down to the problem device, right-click and choose Properties.

Now click on the Driver tab, and then click the Roll Back Driver button.

You'll get a prompt telling you that you don't want to do it, but go ahead anyway. You can always click the Update Driver button to get the latest version again.

If the Updated driver is not working properly, i suggest you to roll back to the previous driver.

To do so you need to go to the Device manager.

The easiest way to access the device driver property page is to right-click on the My Computer icon and select Properties to display the System Properties dialog box. Then, choose the Hardware tab and select Device Manager. In the Device Manager dialog box, double-click on the appropriate device, which will display the component’s properties page. On the Driver tab, you can obtain driver details, update the driver, roll back the driver, or uninstall the software

After you click the Roll Back Driver button, you will be asked (for safety reasons) whether you truly want to roll back the driver. If this is the action you want to take, click Yes.

When the roll back request is initiated, Windows XP will remove the current driver and reinstall the previous version. This process requires some patience. Once the driver changes have been made, you will be asked to reboot your computer so the system can initialize using the replacement device driver.

After rebooting your computer, You are done to your working driver.

Have fun...