Become a Member!
Forgot your username/password?
Register Tags Active Topics RSS Search Mark Forums Read

Sponsored Links

Windows Movie Maker cannot save the movie

Windows Software

Old 24-02-2009

Windows Movie Maker cannot save the movie

My problem is that Windows Movie Maker is unable to save anything on my hard drive as a media file. The computer is up-to-date. But the problem still exists, and I can't figure out what's wrong.

I often get the message saying: "Windows Movie Maker cannot save the movie to the specified location. Verify that the original source files used in your movie are still available, that the saving location is still available, and that there is enough free disk space available, and then try again."

I've checked all the files and they are all still there. There is plenty of memory. Is that really how WMM works?

Old 24-02-2009

Re: Windows Movie Maker cannot save the movie

The problem is often the result of:

- Insufficient computer memory for the complexity of your project, combined with other tasks your computer is doing as it renders the movie.

- Using source files that don't work with Movie Maker, or are corrupt.
Old 24-02-2009

This is not a RAM issue or anything like that, I have the same issue but manage to run multi track recording on my PC no problem using masses of RAM. The best answer i have heard is that WMM doesn't know when it needs a codec and you will need to download a codec pack to fix it.
Old 24-02-2009

What's the file format of your source files? If they're an incompatible type such as MPEG-4, DivX, Xvid, MOV, FLV, etc, try converting them to wmv or DV-AVI format.
Old 24-02-2009

CAUSE

This problem may occur when the file size of the movie exceeds the available RAM on your computer.

Solution

1: Reduce the Size of the Movie File
2: Reduce the Movie Setting Size
3: Increase the Size of the Paging File
4: Save the Movie in Smaller Sections
5: Perform a clean startup in Windows XP

For more information, see here http://support.microsoft.com/kb/814836

TechArena Community > Software > Windows Software
Tags: ,