Thread: Need free driver scanning program

Need free driver scanning program

Hello,

I cant find some drivers for my pc, and would like to know if there is a free driver scanning software. I am having problem with my audio and wireless ethernet adaptor that is installed in my pc. Please help me find this utility. Thank you in advance for any help.

Re: Need free driver scanning program

Things like Driver Detective which you pointed to work OK if you have the drivers installed but are useless for devices without Drivers Installed.

It really depends here on what you need to do something like Unknown Device Identifier may be helpful but it just as well may cause more confusion than it saves.

Generally speaking if the correct driver is installed things work OK even if it is an Older Driver that may benefit from updating. When you hit real problems is when the wrong driver is installed you can get things not working and the software will tell you that you need new versions of this driver which will not help at all.

Belarc Adviser is also useful if you have the correct type of driver installed but will tell you nothing about drivers for devices that are not installed as this gets it's information from the Registry it directly from the hardware.

Try driverscollection.com. You will pick up a bunch of Kazaa crap while you are searching for your drivers. Watch out for the requests to change your homepage, but they do have your driver.

Computer scanner software actually determines whether any threats exist in your system, whether they are viruses, erroneous data, or even Spyware. There are different ways through which different types of computer scanner software protect your system. One of the most common ways is for the program to perform scans at regular intervals of time. These scans are performed in order to detect bits of malicious software which have invaded the system at one point or another. When choosing computer scanner software, you should look for features which will help you increase security but would not burden you with hard tasks and unbelievably complicated processes.