Thread: Problem with Dell L700cxe Sound Driver

Problem with Dell L700cxe Sound Driver

hi there

I am facing a problem regarding my Laptop.
    I am trying to fix my old dell computer which is a dell L700cxe with 18gb hd, 63 mb ram, and 750 mb processor speed. It had spyware which I removed with spybot software but the sound is not working at present. I also pulled out the soundcard which is creative technology ct5807 and placed it back, I also downloaded the driver and installed, Everything seems work fine but when I goto control panel to enable the sound, everythings grayed out like theres no sound card. It wont let me choose a device under sound playback.

Please help me regarding this problem

Re: Problem with Dell L700cxe Sound Driver

Remove (uninstall) the name of your soundcard from Device Manager, then re-install the driver. If you did not follow this procedure the first time that's probably why new driver didn,t work. You should always remove old driver from Device Manager before installing new one. If new driver still no good, do the Device Manager uninstall again, then re-install th old one.
    If using XP, however (you didn't say), you can go to Device Manager, highlight the soundcard entry, select 'driver' tab then click 'roll back driver'. Windows should re-install the previous driver. This method may not work if you've confused Windows by trying to install several times, but worth a try.

Go to > start - control panel - sounds and devices - hardware - double click on your card - driver. Have the newest driver downloaded from the manufacturers website.

My question would be did you disable the Mobo onboard sound in the Bios? If not, XP will try to load all drivers for both. Needless to say that would cause a major sound problem.

If you did, then what beeboy said is correct, go the manufacture of your sound card and download the lastest drivers for XP.

You need to go into your bios. When you start up your computer, you need to hit the delete key to enter the bios. You want to select integrated perpherals and in there you will see on board sound. You need to disable that. Just hit escape and use your arrow keys to "save settings on exit"

Make sure you don't change anything else if you have never been in the Bios before. That will help solve the problem your having.