Thread: Need help with my outlook.pst file

Need help with my outlook.pst file

I bought a Sony Vio form Best Buy in November of 2007 which had Windows Vista already installed on it and I installed MS office 2007 after that. A few weeks ago I bought an external hard drive to back up my computer. When I tried to back it up I kept getting an error code and it wouldn't let me back it up. Then I started getting the "Blue Screen of Death". The first night it happened, I got the Blue Screen 4 times. So I shut off my computer and brought it to my buddy that knew a lot more about computer then I do. While trying to fix it I got the Blue Screen about 10 more times and now my computer won’t even turn on. It just asks for the system restore disc. I still had all of my Outlook emails and contacts on my hard drive so I bought a hard drive enclosure for my hard drive and tried to export my outlook.pst file to save all of my data and this error code popped up....

Error 0x8007045D:
    The request could not be performed because of an I/O device error.

What the hell does that mean and how am I supposed to get my outlook.pst file of my hard drive so I can use my computer again. If anyone can help me I would much appreciate it. I just got out of the Army and am still looking for a job. I had a lot of important emails that I was saving not to mention all of my contacts that I have accumulated. Thanks again.

Re: Need help with my outlook.pst file

Solution for this error which worked for me when I could not backup my hard drive:
    • Goto computer properties | Advanced system settings | System protection tab.

• Uncheck all drives, hit apply. This will turn of shadow copies and clear them.

• Reenable the drives, hit apply. Since you just cleared them all you may also want to hit the create button to repopulate at least one.

• Run the backup again.

I can't do that because I had to take my hard drive out of my computer to try and get any information. It is not being used as and "external hard drive". Any ideas on what I should do??

Sure i will help you out with this issue try to copy and paste the folder directly hope it works for you or else click on below links:-

Error 0x8007045D
    New Gateway laptop gives install error 0x8007045D
    Error Code: 0x8007045D

Which version of Vista do you have? If your using a 64 bit version try restarting your computer. Press F8 after your manufacturer logo or initial post screen disappears and choose "Disable driver signature reinforcment".